Chapter 3: Auditions

"Okay everybody's here I presume."
Taka said.
"Nobody left the classroom after classes ended imbecile..."
Byakuya replied, rolling his eyes.
"Well yes... Anyway, when I call your names you'll come up and sing for the part you would prefer to get. I'll be judging all of you and then selecting the parts. Let's start with Makoto!"
"Oh okay."
The lucky student came up to the front of the class.

"I'll be auditioning for Cady Heron and I'll be singing her part from Apex Predator."
Taka gave nodded and Makoto started singing. He had memorized the entire part the night before. His voice wasn't too deep so it wasn't that hard for him to audition for Cady. He finished singing and Taka scribbled something down on his notepad. Maybe his voice had cracked once but besides that Makoto thought that he'd done pretty good.

"Sayaka Maizono."
Sayaka stood up.
"Um as much as I love to sing, I was thinking that maybe I could handle music this time around?"
Everybody was surprised at this.
"O-Oh well if that's what you want, I'll write you down for stage crew. Mukuro, you're up."

Mukuro wanted to audition for Janis and so launched in to "A Cautionary Tale". To be honest, her performance wasn't the worst but it came off as fairly emotionless.
"Mhm..." Taka looked up from his notes. "Asking out of curiosity, if you were to be on stage crew... What would you prefer to do?"

Mukuro took a second to think about it.
"Oh well, I've always liked working with hair and makeup so that I guess..."
"Alright then! You can go back to your seat now."

After her was Leon. He was going for Aaron Samuels, the main love interest in the musical. This would obviously be the start of his singing career. He started singing "Stupid With Love (Reprise)" .

Then came Chihiro, who volunteered to handle lights instead of auditioning. Then Mondo came up, also going for Aaron. Hifumi went for the exact same part.
Celeste auditioned for Gretchen Wieners and was, surprisingly, very good. After her was Sakura, who also wished to be on stage crew.

"Junko Enoshima?"
Junko smirked.
"Actually I won't be auditioning today but I'd love to handle costumes!"
And that was the second surprise of the day. Everybody would expect Junko of all people to audition.
"Oh okay. Aoi?"

Aoi, being the outgoing girl she is, wanted to play the part of Cady. She also sang her part from "Apex Predator". Then after her Yasuhiro tried for Damian. After him, Kyoko sang for Janis, which shocked a few people. Kyoko admitted that she wasn't really the person to do this kind of thing, but she figured she'd be more useful on stage than off stage.

"Oh I believe that is everyone!"
"Taka aren't we forgetting about someone?" Junko asked sweetly "Byakuya hasn't said anything this whole time!"
This whole ordeal was starting to get on Byakuya's nerves. He didn't want to be here but he definitely wasn't failing this class either.

"Oh please what do you want me to do?"
He stood up, sarcasm dripping from his voice. He walked to the front of the class with his script.
"What? You want me to audition for Regina George or something?"
He decided that he might as well humour himself with their reactions.

"My name is Regina George...And I am a massive deal..."
Much to everyone's surprise, the heir started singing Regina's part from "Meet the Plastics". The truly shocking part? He was actually good.

He started walking "on stage" as well, adding some extra power. He smirked, seeing his classmates' faces. He finished the song and took a mock bow, returning to his seat.

———

"Hajime on stage right now."
Well, Izuru sure wasn't the type to beat around the bush. Hajime knew this very well, being his brother (In this AU they're siblings). He walked up to the stage.