Chapter 3

A/N: So sorry I haven't updated in ages! I know barely of you read this, but I'm trying to make this a entertaining book. I hope you enjoy reading this. I tried making this chapter long, and if I'm not too lazy, I might post another chapter. :)

I wake up, finding myself in a different room. Oh yeah, I moved... I jump off my bed, and get ready for my new school. I first take a shower in MY own bathroom. Finally, I don't have to share one with my parents, despite the constant showers my mom has, she is like a germaphobic.

I get the shower, and change into a t-shirt, skinny jeans, converse, and to top it off with a sweatshirt because its cold.

I head to the bus stop. I know I'm 17, and that I should be driving a car, but I was concerned about myself so I decided to wait until I was 18.

Later the bus comes, and I sit next to a girl my age (duh) with long, curly brown hair, with lighter brown tips. I just sit there, wondering if I should make a friend. I decide to go for it.
"Hey," I say, unsure of myself.
She turns to look at me, and smiles. Her eyes are a dark blue.
"Hi. My name's Ellie," Ellie says.
"My name is Avery."
"Are you new? I don't think I've seen you on this bus."
"Yeah, I'm new. I'm a junior."
"Oh! A new kid."
I nod and sit still hoping she stops talking to me. Someone talking to me is like being questioned in front of thousands of people. Ellie is nice and pretty, well, obviously prettier than me.
The bus comes to a halt, signaling that we are at school. We get off and I start walking to the office to get my schedule. When I get there, I see a middle aged woman with black hair and tan skin.
"Hi, here for my schedule." I say, giving her an uneasy smile.
"Oh ok, sweetheart. I need your name."
"Avery Green." That's my name, right? God I'm so nervous.
She types something in her computer and a printer starts turning on. Soon, she hands me my schedule.
I nod and thank her silently, and take a look at my schedule.
Avery E. Green - 11th grade | Locker # 435 | Locker Combo # 12-47-54
1st - World History
2nd - Nutrition and Wellness
3rd - Algebra 1
4th - AP Chemistry
Lunch
5th - French ll
6th - American Literature
7th - Driver's Safety
It's a good thing that I'm still learning how to drive, despite me wanting to drive when I'm 18.
As I'm reading my schedule, trying to remember my locker combination, I run into someone. I stumble, which turns into me falling on my butt. I look up to see a girl with brown curly hair with light brown tips. Ellie.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Let me just-" she bends down to help me pick up my stuff. I gather some of my stuff and I stand up, to see that she is offering the rest of my stuff.
"Avery, right? I knew you looked familiar." She says, as the corners of her mouth turn upward.
"Yeah. Ellie. Um- Can you help me find my locker? I'm having trouble right now. You know, being a newbie and all." I shyly say the last part.
"Of course. Let me see your schedule." She takes my schedule and looks at it.
"Our lockers are next to each other! I have Chemistry, French, and Nutrition and Wellness with you. I also have the same lunch!" She sounds so bubbly and joyful. I smile and Ellie starts showing me some of the rooms and she walks me to my locker.
When I get there, I put the books for 5th, 6th, and 7th periods. The passing periods are 6 minutes long, so I could get there and to 5th in time. I walk to World History and sit in the nearest empty desk. I stare at the board and zone out.

Surprisingly, I made a friend on the first day.