It was obvious

Naegi and I agreed to wait until lunch today to tell the others the news. That explains why I'm sitting at the table trying to conceal my blush by eating while Makoto is getting his food in the lunch line. I had offered to let him have some of my food, but he insisted that the cafeteria's wasn't too bad. I may have to start eating it, too, so I hope he's telling the truth. Who knows, my father may cancel my weekly food delivery. I don't really care though. 

"Byakuya! "Naegi walks up to the table with his tray in his hands. I offer up a small smile for his eyes only as he takes the seat next to me as per usual. As soon as he's situated, I let my hand slip into his under the table, and he gives it a slight squeeze before taking his chopsticks in his other hand to eat his meal. 

"Wow, Makoto. No, 'hello Sayaka'? Byakuya isn't the only one at this table you know," Maizono pouts and eats her food. Kirigiri is just watching us with a knowing look on her face. She's smart, she probably figured it out. Nonetheless, it still needs to be clarified. I'm too nervous to say anything, but Naegi speaks for me.

"I know!" Naegi smiles at the ultimate pop sensation. "It's just that Byakuya is my boyfriend, so he gets special privileges."

I can't even say anything before she starts squealing. "Really?! Awe, you two are so cute!" She drops whatever she was holding and puts her hands on her cheeks. "How long have you guys liked each other? I never would have expected this!"

Kirigiri raises an eyebrow at Maizono. "It was obvious. Has been for awhile now." 

Naegi's face grows red at this comment and he lets go of my hand to cover his face. Now my hand is cold and I don't like it. I sigh and place down my chopsticks to wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder. 

"You sure do get embarrassed easily, don't you?" I chuckle. He smiles and removes his hands from his face. With this new opening, I quickly peck his cheek, getting a laugh from Makoto. 

"Byakuya! We're in the cafeteria!" He grins and takes a bite of his food. I smile and remove my hands from his torso, shifting back to my meal. 

 I mutter in a low tone so only Naegi can hear me. "It is pretty ironic; we're surrounded by all this food yet you're the only thing I want a taste of..."

Naegi squeaks and shovels the rest of his food down. I finish mine at a slower pace, and I can see Makoto eyeing me until I'm complete. I smirk to myself as he helps me clear my area and grabs my hand, waving to Kirigiri and Maizono as he drags me into the hallway, past the bathroom, past the library, and into his dorm room. 

"Someone's excited for something," I sit down on his bed. He blushes and crawls next to me, laying his head on my shoulder. I sigh in contentment and rub the small of his back.  

Makoto looks up at me sheepishly. "I just didn't feel comfortable with Maizono and Kirigiri watching us. I know they don't care, but it feels better to be alone with you anyways." He nuzzles his chin closer to my neck, and I push his hair off his forehead to give it a kiss. 

"I understand that. It's alright," I reassure him before letting a cheeky smile rise onto my face. "Besides, I meant what I said in the cafeteria."

Makoto's eyes grow wide and he lifts his head up slightly. I finish the job, lifting his chin with my fingertips and leaning in to mold our mouths together again. Makoto happily obliges, and we kiss for a moment. I let my hand wander to his and our fingers intertwine again as we break apart for air. 

"I'm so glad this happened," Makoto smiles at me. 

I softly smile back. "Tell me, Naegi..."

"Hm?"

"Will you stay with me forever?"

"Of course."

_____

A/N: Thanks for reading this story! I'm glad my motivation lasted until this chapter to wrap things up a bit. I have to admit I had a tough time pulling myself together to write the final chapter, hence why it's a bit shorter. There wasn't really much plot left, anyways. Thanks again for reading, and consider giving me a follow if you want more content in the future!