Chapter 8 - The Amazing Sky Herself

"Where are we?" Sky yelled.

"I'm not telling you." the ninja said, quietly.

"Tell me! I demand to know!" Sky yelled and she kicked her feet. She was tied up in a dark room and the ninja was holding her hostage.

"How about if I tape your mouth shut, Missy. How would you like that?"

"My name's not Missy. It's Sky! You go near my mouth and I will bite your hand off." she said. She didn't raise her voice. She didn't have to. She used her mean voice. The same voice she had used on Stella when they were kids to get her to listen.

"I know what your name is. And I know who you are. You're one of the chosens. But you're not just any chosen. You hold in your hands the future of everyone but now that we've got you we hold the future in our hands." He gave an evil laugh.

"We?" Sky asked, "All I've seen is you." She wasn't sure what to say about the chosens. She didn't really understand any of that. Being a chosen was special, apparently. Something that made her stand out. Sky preferred hiding in the middle of the crowd. Not standing out of it. She just did not like being different. Or at the very least, if she was going to be different she would rather go unnoticed with it. She had never wanted to act, sing, or dance. That was Stella's department. Sky always held the camera. She was more into the technical side of things. Making, doing, planning. And right now she was planning her escape.

"Don't worry. It's not just me. There are more of us." The ninja said, pacing. He looked at his watch.

"They should be here by now. Where the hell are they?"

"Like I should know?" Sky muttered. "Aren't you supposed to be the resident expert?"

"I was talking to myself. I'll be right back. I'm going to make a phone call and find some duct tape." the ninja said as he left the room.

"Finally, got rid of him." Sky mumbled quietly to herself and struggled against the rope that was tied around her. She was sitting in the middle of a room that was empty for the most part. She pushed herself against the wall and pushed the rope up and down trying to saw it in half. She couldn't let the rogue ninja see her, though.

I am going to get out of here, Sky told herself. She pictured tomorrow. Like she always did when she was in trouble. She imagined the blue sky and taking Sasha for a walk in the park. She would need a treat to keep Sasha moving, though. She almost gave a little chuckle at the image. She would have laughed out loud were it not for her current situation. Remembering the nail file that Stella had made her start carrying for "good luck" Sky fumbled, trying to reach her pocket and get it out. Finally managing to reach it she pulled it out and finished sawing the rope in half.

She moved back to the center of the room. He had brought two other ninjas back with them. Just what Sky needed. More loons.

"So this is her. She's supposed to be The Ultimate Chosen?" the biggest one laughed. "She's tiny! You've got to be kidding me!"

"There's no way this little girl is any kind of chosen. I bet she's weak." the other one said.

"Have you checked her for the mark?"

Sky went still with fear. What mark?

"Not yet, boss." the ninja that had kidnapped her said. "She's pretty feisty. I thought I should wait until I had help."

"Stupid!" the boss yelled and hit the other guy on the head. Sky had mentally named them the boss, this guy, and the other guy. She didn't know their names and didn't care to ask so this was her way of keeping them sorted out.