Cross my heart

Play the song, baby! It's a classic.

I adjusted my black jacket and looked at the mirror image on the screen showing me in a pair of black pants and a white shirt.

This is it. I have to get this right. I only have one chance. If I don't succeed, I am dead.

I chose short silver hair to go with my outfit and then walked out of the closet. Grabbing the Swiss knife I stole from one of the staff members earlier, I ran the plan through my head again.

"Y/N?" Lisa's voice came through the door following a knock. I hid the knife in my pocket and took a deep breath before opening the door.

"You look beautiful." I hugged her quickly and stepped back to admire her silver dress and long black hair.

"So do you! Ready to go?" She held out her hand. I accepted it and we walked to the elevator. "Apparently we are having a late night meal at the venue." She looked at her purse gleefully.

"That's sound great. The dancing is gonna leave us drained." My eyes followed her and I quickly turned away.

At the deck, we met Veronica and Jason in matching blue outfits. We reached the shore and stepping on land, the adrenaline rushing through my blood.

Two black cars took us to a place with neon lights gleaming in the moonless night. The club was considerably crowded yet cold.

On entering, I immediately made my way to the bar, leaving Lisa with Veronica. Jason eyed me and then walked in the opposite direction.

I spotted a sweet looking girl sitting near the counter, she seemed lonely. I made a beeline for her and sat down.

"Hey! Here alone?" I asked her while leaning back.

"Ye ... yeah." She replied in a meek tone. "You too?"

"Yep. I wasn't having the best day, thought I would cheer myself up a little." I smiled at her, making sure that I made eye contact. "What about you?"

"I got stood up by my best friend." She broke into a gentle smile. "Her loss."

I lifted my eyebrows and smirked at her. "Fate works in mysterious works, huh?"

She chuckled softly and nodded.

"Can I buy you a drink? What would you like ... miss?" I tilted my knees to to point towards her as I placed my elbow in the table and supported my face with my hand.

"Lia ... I would like that. A cosmopolitan please." She brushed her fingers against her hair, turning her eyes away for a few seconds.

I gulped and smiled. "Well, Lia, nice to meet you! My name is Chris." She looked down when our eyes met again.

I turned to the barista and ordered two cosmopolitans. Her eyes darted up when she heard me. I payed for the drinks with the card provided by the staff for tonight.

Pushing one of the cocktail glasses towards her, I raised mine. The glasses touched with a clink drowned by the loud music.

"So what do you do for a living?" I continued the conversation to keep her engaged.

"Y/N ... you better have a good reason for this." Lisa's impatient voice sounded from above.

I hid my laughter and continued without responding to her.

Okay, but like this is the best part of the story for me!

How are y'all doing with the quarantine and stuff? I hope everyone is safe and sound.

Thank you for reading! Please don't forget to vote and comment if you like the chapters.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.