Five

Piper really wished she hadn't decided to sign up for summer classes. At the time, it had sounded like a nice idea to get a couple more prerequisite classes for her degree out of the way. When she had signed up for the summer courses, however, she had never expected the world to shut down, forcing her to take the classes online instead of on campus. She also hadn't planned on spending her summer quarantined with her boyfriend and their three best friends in a house that was much too small for five people.

Basically, all of Piper's plans had been completely turned upside down, and she was a little agitated because of it. The fact that all of her friends were not enrolled in summer classes and were, thus, in complete summer mode only made it worse.

Begrudgingly, Piper found herself working on her first essay for her first summer class that afternoon while Kingston and Henry filmed a video for Kingston's channel in the backyard. Finn and Amy were on the couch, watching what seemed to be a very dumb and chaotic show on the television. (It was Community, Finn's favorite show, and Piper may have actually enjoyed it had she not been trying to be productive and get her essay done.)

Finn's and Amy's laughter carried over the couch and through Piper's headphones. The noise cancelling playlist she was listening to was not helping her focus in the slightest. She grit her teeth, shooting a glare at her best friends that neither of them saw since she was sitting behind them at the dining table. Did they have to be so loud?

"What is he doing?" Amy asked through giggles as Finn pointed to the screen excitedly.

"Wait, wait, wait. This is the best part!"

There was a pause then a new outburst of giggles from Amy. She leaned against Finn while she laughed, her head practically on his shoulder.

If she had been in a good mood, Piper would have overlooked it because she knew that Finn and Amy had reached a solid ground in their friendship over two years after all the drama that had started Finn and Piper's romantic relationship. Piper wasn't in a good mood, however, and she couldn't help being bothered by seeing her best friend, Finn's only ex, all over him.

Slamming her laptop shut, Piper stormed past the couch Finn and Amy were sitting on and down the hall to Finn's room. She slammed the door shut behind her, hoping it would give her at least a twinge of satisfaction.

It did not.

With a huff, she made herself comfortable on the side of Finn's bed that she'd completely taken over in the months of quarantine and opened her computer again. She typed out half a sentence on her paper then sighed and rested her head against the wall behind her. She was being ridiculous, wasn't she? They had all agreed to leave the drama in the past where it belonged. Amy was happy with Henry. Piper knew that, and she also knew that Finn was fully dedicated to her. There was nothing between him and Amy.

But when she was already agitated, seeing Finn and Amy so comfortable together bothered her. She couldn't help it.

Finn hadn't hesitated to kiss Piper when he had been happy with Amy. What if he got tired of her one day and did the same thing with someone else?

Almost an hour later, Piper was still feeling tense, and she hadn't made much progress on her essay because she'd texted her oldest sister asking for pictures and updates of her infant niece to cheer her up instead. Excited chattering and the boys yelling about something in the other room disrupted the quiet that had settled around Piper, but then the voices died down again. A couple of minutes later, the door to the bedroom opened, and Finn entered the room.

"Yo, one of Kingston's videos hit 100,000 views. Can you believe that?" he told her excitedly as he pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it into the corner of his room. Piper simply hummed, glancing in irritation at the shirt that had landed just a couple of inches away from the (overflowing) laundry hamper. He, of course, didn't bother to pick it up.