The One With The Box

Alternatively Titled:
Johnny's Being Nosy

It was a nice Sunday evening in the Johnjae household. Johnny was sitting on the couch running the blow dryer through Jaehyun's hair while the other young man was on his phone enjoying this amazing hair treatment.

Earlier, Johnny shampooed and conditioned it, they took a shower together (but didn't do anything), and now we're here where they had some empty pizza boxes in front of them and they were just enjoying each other's company.

Anyways, as Johnny finished drying Jaehyun's hair, the doorbell rang.

Jaehyun hopped off his spot on the floor to see who it was while Johnny began coiling up the wire for the dryer.

Jaehyun threw the door open and to his surprise, he saw one of his friends standing outside his house with a box in his hands.

"What's up Winwin?" he greeted his bestie and Johnny waved from inside the house.

"Nothing much, but Ten told me to drop this off, so here you go." Winwin explained and handed Jaehyun the box.

"Why couldn't he have done it himself?"

"You know Ten. Lazy as per usual. Anyways, see you gays later." Winwin said, and with that he walked back down the steps of the condo and went back into his car, speeding off into the evening.

"What's that?" Johnny asked his boyfriend.

"I don't know, but it's from Ten."

"I don't know, but it's from Ten." Johnny mocked Jaehyun's voice.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes, "Shut your mouth."

And with that Jaehyun went into the kitchen to get a knife to cut open the box and when he did saw what was inside, Johnny heard excited Jaehyun noises emitting from their kitchen.

"What is it?" Johnny curiously asked him.

"Nothing."

"If it's nothing then why are you squealing over it like a schoolgirl?"

"How do you know what schoolgirls sound like? And how do know that they all sound the same?"

"Shut up." Johnny grumbled, but quickly bounced back, "Anyways, what's in the box?"

"Stuff."

"What stuff?"

"Things that are stuff."

"Jaehyun, stop going around the question and answer it."

"I just did. There's stuff in the box."

"Jaehyun." Johnny nearly growled the younger male's name.

"Johnny." Jaehyun retorted, but much lighter than Johnny said his.

"Stop taunting me and tell me what's in the box." Johnny commanded him.

"No."

"Why?"

"Cause it's a secret." and with that Jaehyun ran as fast as he possibly could up the stairs, but Johnny was right on his tail.

Just as he reached out to grab the doorknob to their bedroom, Johnny dragged him back by the waist and turned him around so they were facing each other.

This would've been quite an intimate moment (and a good way to initiate a kiss) but Jaehyun sprinted off again.

Both of them ended up downstairs.

Jaehyun was behind the couch and Johnny was on the other side.

"Why do you want to know what's in here so bad?"

"Because you're not telling me and you're acting all sus."

"This is not Among Us. Stop using that word."

"Don't change the subject."

"Whatever." And Jaehyun ran away again, this time he went ran past a vase that began to wobble because of the swift movement that occurred near it.

Then, just as Johnny reached out to steady it, it fell off of the stand it was on.

"Look what you did!" Jaehyun exclaimed at his boyfriend who was staring at the broken vase.

"This was your fault!"

"How is my fault?"

"You were running too fast and it scared the vase!"

Jaehyun raised a brow at this explanation then bursted out into laughter.

While he was laughing, Johnny took this as the perfect opportunity to snatch the box.

Then he quickly opened it before Jaehyun realized that it was missing.

Inside there was a string.

Literally that was it.

Johnny couldn't believe that he let his beautiful vase get broken just for a piece of string.

He gave Jaehyun the box back and went back upstairs (probably to rethink his life choices) and Jaehyun continued to laugh.

But after Jaehyun heard Johnny close the room door, he stopped laughing and pulled the string so the bottom of the box went upwards and inside there was an embarrassing picture of Johnny from the Christmas party (i hope you get this reference, if you don't then watch The Secret Box from spongebob cuz that's where my inspo for this chapter came from).

But what Johnny didn't know couldn't hurt him.

And so, it all ends it ends well.

~ Author's Note ~

I am so so sooooooo SO sorry that I haven't updated this book in forever!

But thank you to those who read it and I'll be putting in more effort to make more updates for you, my wonderful duckies!