Chapter 6: The Call

Hello,

The book is 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green. It is very good. I cannot wait to see it as a movie.

The picture is of the Skype call that Daisy and Luna have.

Enjoy xx

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Luna's POV.

3 months till the end of the school year and I will be in my senior year! My life has been great since I started talking to Daisy. I have told her everything about me and she has been so supportive with everything even when she found out I started cutting, I've stopped now with the help of Daisy, but I relapse every now and then. Daisy, is the only person who has been there for me.

This year has been hard especially when I saw my mother cheating on my father and making out with this 40 year old man in my lounge room. My father was asleep in the house at the time. She hit me, she dug her nails into me until I bled and promised not to speak to anyone about it. But I wrote to Daisy (technically I didn't speak) and she told me all about her Dad.

He died and her Mom remarried and she hates him with a passion. If she could she would leave. I have had that option before but where would I go? I am better off being treated like dirt with a roof over my head then living with all of the other poor homeless people in America, in really should consider myself lucky but anyway.

We have a lot in common, we are two girls who want a happy ending which we know will never happen (I don't even know if anyone really gets a happy ending) but we still hope for one anyway.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dear Daisy,

I was thinking, we could do a Skype call. This way we can talk and see each other face to face, are you up for it???

My Skype is lunajane_ please add me.

So how are things?

I have just read this book. It's called Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. The book is about a guy who works in an IT place and he reads people's emails to make sure they aren't saying inappropriate things, or if they're using their emails for anything non work related . These too girls write email's to each other and the guy reads them all only to discover that they work in the same place and that he has fallen for one of the girls.

Do you think this could be happening to us? Like some person has to read all the letters and a guy is basically stalking us?

I am just paranoid. But, yeah it's a really good book.

I got my report back today and I topped every subject with straight A's.

My Mom is still seeing that guy and she is never home any more.

The scars are healing but I think they will be there for a long time.

I can't talk much since I have this book I need to read for English and I have a quiz to do on it tomorrow.

So you win the word count this time.

I have around 220 words.

Congrats.

Love Luna xx

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dear Luna,

I don't think that would be a good idea. The Skype thing. This whole pen palling thing was made so we don't get caught up using the internet. But I added you anyway. We could do a call next week? Just remember we have different time zones so we need to plan this out but we can just message each other on Skype. My Skype is daisy2259 just in case you think I'm a random. :)