Ghost Things

After what didn't even feel like an hour, a bright light started to form in the darkness. Along with the glow of light, the first song, Now or Never, on our self-titled album started playing. As the light grew bigger, the more worried the four of us became.

"Layla, get behind me." Luke says, taking my arms and pulling him behind me. Reggie and Alex stand on either side of him, created a wall in front of me. As the light continued to grow, my brothers grip tightened more and more. Suddenly the light surrounded us, and it was almost like we were falling out of the sky. Suddenly we hit the ground, piled on top of each other, in a strangely familiar room. We all groan in pain, trying to stand up to our feet.

"Woah! How did we get back here?" Luke asks questionably. How did we get back here? One moment we were dying, another moment we were in a black abyss, and now we're in our old garage studio. Suddenly, a young girl who's around our age screams in terror. She was a pretty girl. Tan skin, long curly dark brown hair, probably around my height. We didn't notice her at first, so her screaming startled all of us, and you guessed it, the boys pulled me behind them. As we begin to stop, the girl runs off out of the garage.

"What the heck just happened?" I yell out as I push my way through the wall of three boys, their faces all inside of how to respond.

"I don't know." Alex stammered. "It's was like, One minute were in emptiness, and the next-"

"We're back in the band room." Reggie finishes.

"But what we need to figure out then.." Luke begins as he walks towards me, grabbing my wrist again to keep me close to him. "..is why we're here and what is happening." We all look at him confused.

"Hence me asking, 'WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED' " I yell at my brother and yanked my arm out of his grasp. "I swear sometimes I'm the smarter twin."

Alex and Reggie look at each other and quietly laugh. "I mean.. she's not wrong." I hear Alex whisper

Suddenly the girl comes back. "I know I saw something. I'm not crazy."

Somehow, all of us appearing out of nowhere, Luke responds "Well, we're all a little crazy" shrugging his shoulders. But in return, the girl holds up what seems to be a wooden cross and starts screaming again.

"Oh my God! Please stop screaming!" Alex demands as we all covers our ears, and she instantly stops. I don't know what this girl's problem is, but her scream was like nails on a chalk board.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my moms studio?" She questions. We all look to each other shocked.

"Your mom's studio! This is our studio!" Luke and I start to argue with her at the same time walking towards the girl. But each step closer, she shoved her wooden cross to us, pushing our backs to a piano.

"Trust me, my..The grand piano is new, and... and... and..." he goes off as we reach the opposite end of the piano. We turn and see our coach. We look at each other in excitement and quickly walk over to the piece of furniture.

"Our couch!" We laugh as we plop onto it together. We both look around, but Luke's smile turns into a frown.

"That is definitely not my six-string." He states looking around the whole studio. "Is that your..." He begins to quietly ask, and I shake my head. "Yeah, didn't think it was." He stands up and I follow suit walking towards the girl with him. "Can you give me just one second?" He asks. But she shoves the cross toward him again.

"Woah, honey just give us a second. Thank you." I demand as she draws the cross back, and Luke and I reunite with the other boys.