The Journey

Together, Aleu, Pinkie, Minty, Spike, and Wisp Starlight prepared for their journey to Tartarus. Spike packed some information books and maps, Pinkie Pie packed snacks, Minty tried to pack a few artifacts to help them, but broke all of them before she could get them in her saddle bag. Aleu read up on some spells she thought might be important, and Wisp Starlight did nothing. The five were ready to begin traveling. Spike stepped up in front of them all.

"Alright, girls! This is gonna be a long hard journey. We'll have to cover miles of rough terrain. You might even cry a little and-"

"Um, Spike?" Pinkie interrupted. He sighed.

"What?" he asked, unimpressed.

"I've already traveled to Tartarus. I know what it's like. The worst part is the flies." Pinkie said.

"Besides, I can literally just do this." Aleu snapped her paw fingers and they were instantly in a forest. "There's a spell around Tartarus that prevents creatures from teleporting too close to it, but teleporting here cuts the journey at least in half." she explained. Minty looked around at the wood they were in.

"Cool." she said before tripping over a tree root.

"Can someone remind me why we brought her, again?" Aleu asked. She then pulled out a map from Spike's bag and observed it. "We need to go this way." She said, holding the map upside down and pointing in front of her. She then poofed the map out of existence.

"Hey, my map!" Spike complained.

"Relax, it'll be back in your bag shortly." Aleu said. The five then traveled in the direction Aleu told them to go. After traveling for a bit, Wisp Starlight started having some sort of seizure.

"Um, guys? Something's wrong with Starlight." Pinkie said, pointing a hoof at the wispyness that was Starlight. Aleu approached her.

"What's wrong, Starlight?" she asked. The wisp started making wispy noises. "She says something's wrong here." Aleu translated.

"W-what?" Spike asked, nervously biting his claws.

"She says she doesn't know, just that something feels off to her." Then, out of nowhere, came a thundering herd of windagos.

"What are they doing here?" Pinkie asked as the temperature instantly dropped. Aleu thought for a minute as the wind violently whipped at the five. She watched anxiously as Starlight's wispy glow began to fade. Aleu turned to Minty.

"Minty, didn't you say you packed artifacts?" Aleu asked.

"Well, I tried, but I kind of......broke them all. Well, except for one, but I don't think it's really useful" Minty replied.

"Anything helps. What is it?" Aleu said. Minty rummaged through her saddle bag and pulled out perhaps the most amazingly nostalgic thing Aleu had ever laid her eyes on. "Minty you're a genius!" Aleu exclaimed.

"I am?" Minty asked.

"Yes!" Aleu said excitedly as she took the fragile artifact from Minty. "This will most definitely help us!" She said.

"What is it?" Spike asked.

"It's a.....candy cane?" Pinkie said as she looked at the item confused.

"It's not just any candy cane! It's the Here Comes Christmas Candy Cane!" Aleu said as she lifted it up above her head. The Here Comes Christmas Candy Cane began to glow so bright that Santa Clause all the way in another dimension saw it from his house. He took off his round Harry Potter glasses.

"They need me," he said. He then ran down the hallways of his house and out into the stable where elves were bustling around and taking care of the reindeer. "Elves, prepare my sled!" he bellowed. The elves quickly did as they were told and hooked up all the reindeer. Santa hopped in as soon as it was ready and began running the reindeer down the runway. They all lifted up and flew so fast that they broke the interdimensional barrier and flew right into the storm that had Aleu and the rest of the lot trapped. It was difficult, but he landed the sled in the storm by the group. "Get in." He told them. They all did so and he flew them out of the storm and into the air, but something was wrong. The windigos were trying to follow them.

"Why are they still behind us?" Spike asked. Aleu thought for a moment.

"I know why." She said solemnly as she looked down at her paws. "It's because of my hatred for Minty." Everyone then looked at Minty. Even Wispy Starlight who had no eyes. Minty gulped a bit as Aleu sat up and approached her in the abnormally sized sleigh. "Minty, I'm sorry. I've been nothing, but cruel to you this entire time. It's just, I expected you to live up to my childhood. To the Minty from Minty's Christmas, but you don't and it kinda hurts, man," Aleu cried a single tear "but I need to put that hatred and disappointment aside right now for the greater good of Equestria. Minty, I forgive you for being an awful excuse of Minty." Aleu said.

"Thank you?" Minty replied. Instantly the windigos disappeared into the clouds.

"Wow, this story really is on crack." Santa said as he landed his sleigh at the base of the mountain that held Tartarus.

"Yes, yes it is." Aleu said. After a quick goodbye, Santa was back in his own dimension and Aleu and the other four were making their way up the path to Tartarus.