Chapter 10

It has been Four days since the interview. Natalie was back with Ian Nina had Kayla take her to set. Nina was so worried this was a lot to deal with. She didn't know what she was supposed to do all she wanted was her daughter back in her arms.

Nina was sitting on her bed hugging a pillow. She hadn't really talked to anyone since Sunday. Kayla had tried but she was refusing to leave her room. She was scared for her daughter.

Kayla walked into her room."Neens you need to talk to someone."

"No," Nina said. Her phone started ringing. She answered it not bothering to look at the caller I.D"Yes"

"Hello this is doctor McKenzie. I was calling to let you know that Serenity's awake and we ran the tests on her will let you know everything when you arrive" 

"Thanks for calling i'll be there soon" Nina smiled. She hung up and ran to her closet. She changed out of her t-shirt and shorts and into jeans and a vampire diaries shirt. She put on her black boots and went and grabbed her purse and keys.

"You have to call him" Kayla said.

Nina groaned and closed her closet door and looked at Kayla."Why?"

"Nina i love you your one of my best friends. I would do anything for you. But you didn't tell him you were pregnant. You didn't even tell him the lie you told Paul. You didn't tell him he has a kid you didn't ever tell him. He found out through an article Neens. You should have him and Natalie meet you up there just you three." Kayla said.

"Fine." Nina sighed. She pulled out her phone and called Natalie.

"Hello. Hi mom."

"Hey babe. The doctors just called Serenity's awake i'm going to see her. Tell Ian you and him only can come." Nina said.

"She's awake" Natalie smiled. Nina smiled at how excited Natalie was.

"Yeah she is." Nina siad.

"OK i'll tell him see you soon." Natalie said.

"See you soon" Nina hung up. She was happy that Natalie was happy to get to see Serenity.

"Go will see her when you bring her home. I'll start decorating her room. Y'all need to be with her more than anyone else" Kayla said.

Nina walked over to Kayla and gave her a hug,"Thank you for everything i swear i don't say it enough"

"Hey your going to make me cry go" Kayla said.

Nina ran downstairs she seen Nathan sitting on the couch."I'll be back don't let anyone in my house."

"Ok bye"

--

Natalie ran out her mothers dressing room and ran over to Julie.

"Hey Natalie whats that look" Julie asked.

"My mom just called me Serenity's awake. She wants me and Ian to come up there can we" Natalie asked.

"He's watching the others do his scenes he's done go tell him" Julie said.

"Thank you" Natalie walked over to where Ian was.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Sky" Ian asked.

"I was she called Serenity's awake and she wants us to come to the hospital to see her. Only us." Natalie said.

Candice and Pheobe walked over."What's going on she won't stop smiling."

"Serenity's awake." Natalie said.

"YES" Candice shouted.Everyone looked at her."Sorry i probably shouldn't have screamed that loud."

Pheobe's phone dinged."Don't tell Nina planning a party for when Serenity gets out tomorrow already talked to the doctors thats when she'll be out spread the message to everyone except Nina if she knows and i didn't tell her i will be posting embarassing pictures from set.- Kayla"

"Sounds fun" Candice said.

--

Nina waited for them to get there. When they did she stood up."After she can come home you can ask all the questions that you want but for now i need my focus on her,,"

She walked back to Serenity's room. She seen her laying in the little crib. They had moved her after she had woken up.

The doctor walked in."Hi Nina. I talked to you on the phone.She's doing good. She woke up this morning and we ran the tests. We wanted to make sure she wouldn't slip back into the coma. She's Healthy everything seems to be alright. She can go home tomorrow. We just want to observe her tonight you shouldn't have any more problems. Although we will continue to see her until she reaches three to make sure she is fine." 

"Did y'all ever figure out what caused it" Nina asked.

"Honestly it could have been anything. But in her case we think its simply because of how she is being brought up. She hasn't been allowed to be in a room without an adult present. She hasn't been allowed to play or even attempt anything because of how her heart is and because she's on constant watch. It wasn't your fault Nina it was ours. We shouldn't have restricted what she could do." Dr. Makenzie said.

"So what do i do now" Nina asked.

"You get to make her nursery. Do all the things you've been dying to do. Introduce her to your friends to your family. She gets to do be a normal baby. And we pray that she'll be fine. I know you had all the things you wanted to buy. Let her know her family. Play with her new older sister." Dr. Makenzie said.

"Ok" Nina said.

"Everything will be fine Nina feel free to pick her up if you want" Dr. Makenzie left out leaving the four alone. 

Nina carefully picked Serenity up. Her daughter smiled at her. She turned towards Ian."Wanna hold her."He nodded. She carefully handed her to him."I hope you know I'm sorry. "

Natalie was looking at Serenity."So she'll be alright."

"I hope" Nina said.

(I know this chapter is short. But i'll try to get the next one longer with more of them actually talking.)