Chapter I

- One Month later -

"How's dating Gilinsky been?" Alexis smirked, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

About a month ago, Jack asked me to be his girlfriend. It's been great honestly, nothing feels different. The only difference is that we have a title to what we are. Our love was inevitable, it was bound to happen. We just didn't realize that yet - or at least I didn't.

"It's been great, the usual. Just sucks he's not here." I sighed, looking down in my lap where my fingers fumbled with each other.

Jack and Jack were in LA, working on new music and a music video with Nate for "Like That"

As incredibly proud of him as I was, I wish he wasn't so busy; I wish he was here with me. Sadly, that's not how it works.

"I told you to go with him! Even his family went for a few days!" She exclaimed, throwing her arm up and pointing her hand towards the door.

I rolled my eyes, "I know, I know. I just don't wanna be in the way or be bored like last time." I shrugged, "I mean don't get me wrong, I love LA and I loved staying with the Jacks but I was bored because I don't know anyone in LA and I had nowhere to go." I further explained.

"Maybe I should go with you next time." Alexis suggested.

"What about the house? Who's gonna watch it?" I questioned.

Alexis rolled her eyes at me, "Skylar, it's a house; not a child. It doesn't need to be watched."

I bit my bottom lip as I tapped my foot rapidly, "I mean I guess. But when?"

"Whenever you want to." She smiled, excitement evident in her voice.

I chortled softly and slowly stood up, tapping my hands on the table, "Looks like I have two tickets to buy."

Later On That Day

"Hey babygirl" Jack smiled into the camera on his phone.

"Hey handsome, how are you?" I gave him a toothless grin, leaning my chin in the palm of my hand.

"I'm great, missing my girl that's all." He raised his eyebrow.

"Oh? And who would that be?" I smirked.

"Ah, y'know. Just this crazy beautiful brunette, about 5'6, bright hazel eyes with a hint of green, a smile that could light up the room a-"

"And," I dragged out, "you ruined it."

Jack chuckled, "Too cheesy?"

"Way too cheesy." I tittered, leaning my elbows on my desk.

"I miss you, Sky." Jack whined, tilting his head to the side.

I pouted faintly, "I miss you too, Jack."

"When are you coming to LA? I'll even buy your ticket."

I shook my head, "You're not buying me anything, Jack." I chortled softly.

"Why not? Don't you wanna see me too?" He asked melancholy.

I shook my head quickly, "No, Jack It's not that. Trust me, I wanna see you just as much! It's just-"

"Just what babe? If you think I won't be around like last time I promise I'll have more free time now. We're almost done shooting the video a-"

"No, Jack. I just don't want you spending your money on me. Plane tickets aren't cheap, y'know?" I pursed my lips.

"I'll spend any amount of money if it means I get to hold you in my arms." He said softly.

"Although that was corny, I'll let it slide because it was really cute." I smiled, winking at him.

Jack laughed, "I'm serious babe, I wanna see you. We haven't even had our first date as an official couple yet."

"That's a thing?" I raised my eyebrow and giggled.

Jack shrugged his left shoulder, "I don't know but it seems like it should be a big thing, right?"

I shook my head, "No, not really." I disagreed with a chortle.

"Whatever," he dismissed with a faint chuckle.

"Y'know, I get butterflies just thinking of the next time I'll see you." I shyly smiled, rubbing my stomach.

"Then let me b-"

"You're not buying me a ticket, Jack. That's the end of that." I cut him off, "Hey I'm exhausted, had a long day at work. I'll talk to you tomorrow though okay?"

Jack sighed in defeat, "Alright, I love you Skylar."

"And I love you Jack." I smiled, blowing him a kiss before ending our FaceTime.

I smirked to myself as I closed my laptop, leaning back in my swivel chair. I ran my hands through my hair and smiled, feeling giddy at the thought of kissing Jack again.

What Jack didn't know was that I had already booked a flight to LA for Alexis and I.

I'd be reunited with Jack, in four days. This should be interesting...