Chapter X

The Next Morning

Four hours of sleep.

That's all I got, four lousey hours of sleep. I couldn't stop my mind from running, the thought of Jack with another girl haunted my dreams. I'd sleep for an hour then wake up from my nightmare only to find out that it's mostly reality.

This isn't how I wanted to spend my trip to LA, and I know damn well this isn't how Alexis wanted to spend it. I actually felt bad, I was ruining her experience. I ran my hands through my hair and looked over at her sleeping peacefully next to me on her stomach.

I carefully slid out of the bed and into the bathroom, closing the door gingerly behind me. I switched on the light and started the shower. I stripped out of my clothes and took a nice relaxing, half an hour shower.

After I got out, I wrapped the towel around my body and walked out the bathroom. Alexis was sitting up in the bed, looking down at her phone.

"Hey, how you feeling?" She asked once I stepped out the bathroom, a sympathetic look on her face.

I shrugged, "I've been better." I replied truthfully.

Alexis pulled her lips into her mouth, "He left me like twenty voicemails and text messages." She held out her phone towards me.

I furrowed my eyebrows and grabbed her phone, scrolling through the text messages.

"Please tell Skylar I'm sorry"

"Let her know I didn't mean to hurt her."

"It was never in my intentions"

"I love her, Alexis."

"Please make sure she knows that"

"Call me at-least so I know you guys are okay"

"Please"

I exhaled deeply through my nose, handing her back her phone as I plopped down next to her on the bed, burying my face in the palm of hands.

"Was I wrong?" I asked, my question faintly muffled.

Alexis shook her head, "What? No, of course not."

"Was I being dramatic? Should I have let him explain?" I asked again, lifting my head up and look over at her with crinkled eyebrows.

"Skylar, you're not wrong. You did what you felt was right, there's nothing wrong with that." Alexis rubbed my back soothingly.

"Then why do I feel guilty!?" I exclaimed, frustated and confused.

I couldn't help but feel as if I was in the wrong. Like all of this was my fault. I felt like I overreacted and I should've stayed. Maybe I should've let Jack explain better.

Why was I feeling like this?

"Because, Skylar, you love him." She simply explained.

Later On That Afternoon

"Hello?" I mumbled into the phone as I straightened my hair.

"Skylar, It's Sam."

"Yeah, I know." I nodded, running the steamy straightener down a strand of hair.

"How are you?"

"I'd be better if people stopped asking me that." I muttered.

"Sorry, I just wanted to check up on you that's all." He apologized.

I shrugged, "It's fine, I'll be alright."

"Hey, do you wanna hang out tonight? Me and a couple of the guys - not jack - are going to dinner and a movie. How about you and and Alexis come with us?" He suggested, trying to sound happier.

I smiled softly, "I'd love that. We'd love that." I rephrased, "What time?"

"We'll pick you up in an uber say six o-clock?"

"Sounds great, we'll see you then."

I hung up the phone and looked at the time.

5:30PM

I hurriedly continued straightening my hair, "Alexis! Get dressed, we're going out later."

* * * *

"That movie was rather...disturbing." I scrunched up my face, walking out of the movie theaters after watching Fifty Shades Of Grey.

"It was hot though." Sam smirked, chuckling softly.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course you'd fine it hot."

Alexis wrapped her arm over my shoulder, "It was a mix of both, can we go eat now?" She sighed.

"I saw a restaurant around the corner, it's walking distance come on." Nate led the way while we followed either beside or behind him.

The night was calm and slightly breezy, weather a possible 80 degrees. The sky was a dark blue, stars began to twinkle faintly and the moon was becoming more prominent as time flew by.

I was thankful for my black and white hoodie and black jeans with rips in them for keeping me warm. I matched them with my black and white Sk8-Hi vans, keeping my hair down.

In no time, we had arrived at the restaurant. Luckily there wasn't many people there, giving us the opportunity to get a booth instead of a table - they're much more comfortable.

I sat on the end of one side next to Sam who was next to Cameron, who was next to Nash. On the other side sat Alexis and Nate.

The waitress came, introduced herself - earning a wink from Sam - and gave us our menus. I scanned through it even I knew what I wanted, a cheeseburger and fries.

My fingers tapped a rhythmic beat on the table as I listened in on the boys talking about something, tuning them out every now and then.

I decided to pull out my phone and look through my social media accounts out of boredom.

A couple minutes later, everyone at the table got awkwardly and suspiciously quiet.

I lifted my eyes off my screen to see them looking behind me. I was a little nervous to see who it was but looked behind me.

"Uh, hey." Jack exhaled, pushing his hands in his pockets.
___________

PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS AND VOTE FOR IT!! I REALLY WANT THIS STORY TO TAKE OFF LIKE INEVITABLE LOVE DID!

Plus; the more feedback the faster I update