Chapter IX

Three Hours Later

Three hours later, three fucking hours later and Jack still wasn't here. No calls, no texts, nothing to let me know he wasn't gonna be here. Upset would be an understatement, I was livid.

I felt stood up - I was stood up. But the part that pissed me off the most was that he insisted on this date happening, he wouldn't take no for a fucking answer and then he doesn't show up.

I had taken off my heels, changed out of my dress into a pair of black joggers and a plain white t-shirt and was now pacing back and forth in the living room, my hands going from gripping the roots of my hair to swaying angrily beside me. Alexis and Sammy sat down on the couch and just watched me, not knowing what to say.

"Skylar you've been pacing for half an hour, please sit down youre making me nauseous." Alexis complained.

"Then stop watching me." I sassed, continuing to pace.

Sammy hopped up and stopped me in mid-pace, gripping my shoulders and looking at me, "Relax."

"Relax? Relax?!" I exclaimed, furrowing my eyebrows, "My boyfriend who insisted on taking me out tonight bailed on me without leaving any source of notification as to where he is and you want me to relax? Please." I shrugged him off me and walking into the kitchen.

I sat down on a stool and buried my face into my arms, my knee bouncing up and down on the bar beneath the stool. My breathing was heavy and rapid. Alexis and Sammy walked into the kitchen and sat next to me, rubbing either my arm or back in an attempt to comfort me.

A few minutes later, the door opened and loud laughter boomed through the house. I lifted my head slowly, anger written all over my expression.

"Skylar, I know that look. You're about to -"

"Jack Gilinsky!" I shouted, hopping up from the stool and sped-walked into the living room.

Jack looked a little shocked, "Hey, babe." He said cautiously.

"So it's pretty fucking obvious that you forgot about tonight." I hissed, crossing my arms over my chest.

Jack furrowed his eyebrows, it was evident he forgot. Sudden realization hit Jack and his eyes widen and covered his face, leaning his head back, "Fuck, our date."

"Yes, our date that you asked me to go to!" I shouted.

"I'm sorry babe, we were in the studio for hours and then I guess I forgot and ended up hanging out with some friends." He explained.

"So hanging out with your friends is more important than going out with me." I looked off to the side, trying to comprehend what he was saying, creating a crease in my eyebrows.

Jack stepped closer to me, holding out his hands to hold me, "What? That's not what I'm saying."

"Who were you with?" I said, straining my voice from yelling.

"A couple of friends," He sighed.

"Jack who were you with and why," I sniffed near him, raising my eyebrow, "why the hell do you smell like women's perfume?"

Jack's eyes widen slightly, "I-I met a couple girl fans. It's not that big -"

"Why did you stutter? Jack," I held the bridge of my nose, "don't fucking lie to me."

Jack sighed, "Okay, I was with a couple girls as well. But they were just friends, relax."

I scoffed, "You were out hanging out with other females instead of your girlfriend?!" My voice raising with every other word.

"Babe, I honestly forgot. I was so focused at the studio I just...I forgot. I'm so sorry." He exhaled.

I held my hand up to Jack's face, "Whatever Jack. I packed my things, I'm gonna stay in a hotel for the rest of the night." I announced.

"Because I missed our date? Babe you're being irrational." He shook his head.

"I don't want to be around you, Jack. Spending time with your friends is obviously more important. Plus you didn't even try to contact me!" I balled my hands into fist beside me, "It's taking everything from me to not slap you, it's best I'm not around you right now." I avoided eye contact.

"Skylar, I'm so-"

I shook my head and walked away from him, going into his room and grabbed my suitcase. I slid on my nike running shoes and pulled my hair into a quick ponytail.

"Skylar, stop. I'm not letting you leave." Jack stepped in-front of me, blocking the door way.

"It's not about you letting me leave, I'm leaving Jack. Like it or not." I pushed his chest as hard as I could and walked past him.

Alexis grabbed my arm, "If you're leaving then so am I. Give me a second so I can get my things."

I nodded and let her go grab her things as I walked to the front door. "Skylar, stop!" Jack exclaimed, walking towards me quickly.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, covering my face with my hands, "You stop, just leave me alone. You had no problem doing that earlier." I seethed.

"Skylar I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I promise you I didn't purposely do this. I'm so fucking sorry." Jack apologized, moving cautiously closer to me.

Alexis walked towards us a few moments later, suitcase in hand. She raised her eyebrows at me, almost like she was asking if we were still leaving.

I looked up at Jacks pleading eyes, feeling a little remorse but not enough. I reached behind me and opened the door, "Come on Alexis." I nodded out the door.

She kept her head down as she walked out the door, the uber driver already outside and waiting for us. I looked down, licking my lips.

"Skylar, please don't leave. I'll make it up to you, I promise." Jack beseeched, grabbing my wrist.

I looked up at him and shook my head, "It's always the first small let down that extends into something bigger and badder. I'm not gonna allow that to happen. I can't do this. I won't let you anger me or make me that upset anymore, Jack."

Jack's face softened, "A-Are you breaking up with me?" He faltered.

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it, squeezing my eyes shut before opening them again, "I'm saying we need a break."

"Because I forgot about a date?!' He exclaimed, "Skylar I can make it up to you! We can go out tomorrow, I'll spend my whole day with you if that's what you want. Just don't leave!" He tried to reason with me.

I shook my head, "It's not just about you forgetting a date, Jack."

"Then what is it!?" He shouted, "What can I do to make you stay? I don't wanna be without you, Sky."

"This isn't goodbye, Jack. Relax, I just need a little break." I reassured him, placing my hand on his cheek.

"This is ridiculous." He whispered, covering his face with his hand as he lowered his head.

"I'll see you later, Jack." I sighed, before turning away and walking out the door.

It may seem dramatic and unnecessary but I knew what I was doing. I was doing what was best for me.

And if separating myself from Jack for the night or so is what I felt was best for me, then so be it.
___________

PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS AND VOTE FOR IT!! I REALLY WANT THIS STORY TO TAKE OFF LIKE INEVITABLE LOVE DID!

Plus; the more feedback the faster I update