Jara's Logbook

When Jara Blake moves with his family from Nigeria to the United States, he doesn't know what to think; introverted, trusting, pious and considerably innocent as he is. With his only companions being his logbook and his pet cat, the very thought of anything novel petrifies him. But when he enrolls at the local high school, his seemingly regularised life spirals beyond his imagination. Now, he has to shrive his personality with his faith, while still contending with his emerging sexuality, raging emotions, friendships, parental pressure, love and abuse.

Can Jara still maintain his composure or will his life leave him eternally shattered?

WARNINGS
× Homophobic language
× Racial slurs
× Racial stereotypes, some of which may be disparaging
× Sexual references and acts. Let me be unmistakably clear: there will probably be gay scenes in this book, but those will be infrequent and minimal as possible. If you're sensitive about that kind of stuff, please don't worry. I'll be sure to indicate sexual content in a chapter and warn beforehand.

The characters in this book are entirely fictional. Any resemblance whatsoever to any person living or deceased is entirely coincidental.

Other than that, please don't hesitate to vote and comment!