Chapter 2 | Part II

ABIGAIL POV

"Dont like really really rich people live here?" Nia asks as Tyler's Cadillac Escalade rolls through Chalet street.

"Erm hello? Were you listening when I said that we were going to Ash's house?" Alex snaps at the air from her seat right at the back next to Bianca.

"Ash? Ash who? I dont know an Ash," Nia says and I can almost picture Alex's eye roll in my mind even if I'm not facing her.

"Let me guess, you were reading the encyclopedia on your phone all this time or some shit?" Alex asks and I hold back a laugh. "I was not! I was reading a theory on mental instability!" Nia defends herself and I shake my head as Tyler laughs from his driver's seat.

Nia is a doctor and she's the smartest person I know. She's the only religious person out of us and the person we all go to when we're feeling down. But trust me, she's not one of those people who are super obsessed with their career or lives their life excluded from the world.

True, she would choose sitting back and reading a book instead of going to a party and going to church instead of hanging out with her friends... But she can be fun when she wants to and she's always here for us, we love her for that...

"Well Miss, if you must know your just about to go to Ash Williams' house." Alex says and Nia's jaw drops.

"Ash Williams? The world famous model Ash Williams?" Nia squeaks. "The same one," Alex says and Nia clutches her heart in a dramatic gesture. "Also in case you missed the whole conversation, Abigail here did a shoot with her for the cover of the GEN Y magazine just today..." Bianca says and Nia gasps.

"Are you going to tell me that Trump was abducted by aliens next?" She asks and looks at me in disbelief.

"Ooh..." I click my tongue.

"Too good to be true," I say at the same time as Bianca and we all start laughing.

"So how was it?!" Nia squeaks and grabs my arm from her seat next to me. "It was okay, I guess..." I say and Nia rolls her eyes at me.

"What do you mean? And when can I see these photographs?" She asks and throws her arms up in the air.

"Next week probably, the magazine comes on Friday," Alex says and I nod at the newfound information.

Nia squeals.

"Abby! Do you know what this means?! Your gonna be famous! We've been telling you for ages to change the agency and have you seen yourself? Your much more hotter and prettier than all those models on Vogue! People will finally know about you and you'll make it big! Just promise you won't forget us when you shoot for the stars," she says and I roll my eyes at her.

"I dont plan on continuing with modelling Nia, I've told you guys multiple times. The only reason I'm with Sarah is because-"

"Yeah yeah we know, your inspired by her will to go on blah blah blah. Give me a break!" Nia yells and rolls her eyes.

"Dont you see this chance? You can give up all your shitty jobs and make it big out there! I dont get why your suffering knowing that you can be making millions," Nia huffs and I'm surprised by how annoyed she sounds.

I know she cares for me and hates to see me being rushed on my feet in all my jobs. But I really dont want all that fame. I respect my privacy and I can't imagine me being followed around by paparazzi and all that struggles I see a lot of models go through.

I can't imagine not having the freedom I have now, not being able to go to a supermarket without security and without people snapping pictures of me.