1

Seo Yeo Reum's POV

"Mom, I'm going to school now." I announced as I was organizing my things inside my bag. I was in a hurry even though I knew I have plenty of time. It was 6:30 in the morning but my class starts at 8:00am.

Am i THAT excited? I laughed at the thought. Me? Excited for school? I must be loosing my mind.

I hear chuckling at the corner of the room. "What's so funny?" mom asked. I guess I didn't notice she entered the living room already. I chuckled back, "nothing. I just remembered something funny." "You're quite early today. Are you taking your bicycle to school?" She asked, already sitting on the couch. I nodded and strap my bag on my shoulders, "Yes." She added, "Is Saeri coming along as well?"

"Yes", followed by another nod. "I'll meet her at our alleyway." "You were never this early before. Did something happened today? Anything special" She assumed. I widely smiled, "I'm just excited to see Saeri I guess." For the whole Christmas vacation, I didn't get to meet Saeri since her family visit their relatives living in Canada. A big portion of my vacation was just video calling her. This is the first time I'll see her since then. "Oh, that's right! Silly me, she just got back yesterday right? Can she go to school today? Won't she be tired at all? You know, what's that called? It's english right? JeytLaggeu?" She proudly commented.

I tried to hold my laughter for my mom's sake, "Yeah, but I forced her to go to school today." I can explained further; trying to convince my mom, "Besides, it's the first day of the term. She clearly can't miss it". She chuckled, shaking her head. "Okay be careful. Goodluck on your first day. And say hi to Saeri for me".

I hugged my mom then I smiled at her, "I will. Bye mom!"

-----

Spring is just around the corner. My favorite season. The flowers are starting to bloom. Not to mention the trees slowly growing its leaves and the air turning a bit warmer. Changes like these, make me glad to ride my bike to school. So I can witness it from up close. I also miss riding my bike to school. Me and Saeri always take our bikes to school whenever we can. Well aside from the winter season. That's the only time my mom doesn't allow me to ride it, she said it's more safe to ride the bus. I can't argue with her though. My bicycle can't handle the icy slippery pavements that well.

If only safety was not in the option, I'll one hundred percent choose my bike. It's just more convenient, for me anyways. And it's less crowded too, unlike riding the bus. I just can't handle compact spaces very well. That's why I take my bike to school every weekday during spring to fall, whenever I can. Driving a car to school is fine with me too. But I don't have my own car yet and I don't have a driver license. Plus, my house is just a couple of blocks from my school. I think my bike could manage.

I am almost at the alleyway, I can already see Saeri's silhouette clearly. I giggled at the sight of her anticipating me. "Hey!" She greeted once she saw me coming down the small inclined road. I pressed the breaks at the precise moment, my bike smoothly parked next to her bike. "Hey!"

"Wuah! You cut your hair?" She gasped excitedly. I gently combed my hair with my finger tips, "yeah, does it look weird?". "No! It suits you!", she jolted, looking so hyper. I can't contain my excitement too, "I missed you!" I immediately followed it with barfing sounds. She reciprocated the joke too, laughing. "I miss you too!" It was still pretty early so we decided to went to a local bakeshop to have bread for breakfast and catch up a bit. I asked her how the trip went and how her family is doing. She said they're doing great and the trip was really fun. After several years, she finally got to be with her relatives. It was really delightful hearing her stories.