2.3

The next day...

Seo Yeo Reum's POV

The bell rang, an indication that the first class has ended. I sighed in relief and stretch my arms wide. It's always satisfying to hear my bones clicked like this.

"Students don't forget to study today's lessons okay? Be ready for our quiz tomorrow," our History teacher reminded before leaving the room.

The classroom's reaction was a mixed of wails and grunts. Despite that, we still agreed to it. What choice do we have?

After the teacher left, groups formed together from different parts of the room. We have a few minutes before our second class starts. Everybody took this opportunity to breathe, rant and chat with each other.

Meanwhile, I was just fixing my things that were no longer needed like my history textbook inside my bag.

I didn't expect to see Kyunsoon right next to me, "Hey.."

I stoped what I was doing and grinned at her, "Hey~"

She sat down on the vacant seat next to me while my seatmate was away, "Why were you late today?" she blurted out with a blank face.

"oh." I chuckled before answering, "I overslept. I didn't hear my alarm clock."

Honestly, I didn't expect her to wonder why I was tardy. Jinae is usually the one who often gets concerned from something like this.

Is she actually concerned about me? If she is, it's the very first time I witness it up close. I can't help but to giggle. It's feels warm to know that she's admittedly cares for me, despite the short time-period of us being friends.

Frankly, Kyungsoon can be really cold at times. And I'm not used to that treatment when it comes to my friends. I thought I have to endure it for 2 years or so. Turns out, the ice princess' heart is thawing earlier than I hope for.

She just nodded, her lips pursed. Jinae straightforwardly jumped in to our conversation, "that's why I have multiple alarms. So if I missed one, I still have 5 alarms as back up"

Our conversation continued with different topics as time passes by. As I was listening to them arguing about how tangsuyuk should be eaten (I find it really funny how they defended their sides), through my peripheral vision I saw Changbin talking to Hyunjin. He looked really paranoid. I might have a clue on why he's acting like that.

I can't believe I almost forgot about it.

I've been meaning to talk to them, specifically Changbin, since this morning. I was planning to talk to him before class starts however because I was late that obviously didn't happened.

Is it okay for me to just talk to him out of the blue? I think this would be the only chance I'll get to talk to him. I quickly opened my bag and get my plastic envelope. I mustered all my courage in my body, "just a sec guys. I need to talk to someone.."

I could tell they were surprised. "Where are you going?" Jinae asked, her sunny disposition never left her face.

I was already a few steps away from them when she asked that. I didn't look back to answer. It may look like that I'm ignoring them but if they could look closely, I was visually nervous. I think I'm palpitating. I can't think clearly to actually reply to her.

There's no turning back now, especially when Changbin saw me heading their way.
I think I froze for a minute. It didn't help when Hyunjin stared at me, looking puzzled.

I blinked and quickly bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo."

Both of them greeted me then exchange looks. "Uhm..." instead of explaining why I'm in their presence I'll just show them my real intention.