Years Later

"Baby come down for breakfast. You know you got to work in a little at the restaurant." Ashley yelled upstairs.

"I'm coming babe." Columbus yelled back at her.

Columbus finished getting dressed and knocked on his daughter door. He waited for a little and knocked again.

"El come to this door now. We got to eat breakfast and I got to get you to school." Columbus yelled from the other side of the door.

"Daddy I'm coming dang." Ella said as she opened the door.

"Don't get beside yourself now. And what the hell is that you got on?" Columbus said looking her up and down.

"Daddy don't start. Mama said it was ok and it's fashion." Ella said folding her arms over her chest.

"El don't try me. You got to change that shit. And I mean right now."

"Why daddy. I'm a teenager now. I don't want to look like no old person. I will get picked at." Ella tried to explain.

"El I don't send you to school to get liked. You go to get a education. Now I'm not playing. Change that shit." Columbus said not letting up.

"Mom!!" Ella yelled downstairs.

Ashley came running up the stairs as if something was wrong.

"What is it baby?" She asked Ella.

"Dad is tripping again. There's nothing wrong with my outfit and he is trying to make me change." Ella said with a attitude.

"Baby what's wrong with what she has on?" Ashley asked Columbus turning to him.

"What you mean what's wrong? She don't need to be showing her figure." Columbus said.

"Daddy I am not. I'm just shaped well." Ella said.

"Shaped well. Fuck that I want you changed now." Columbus said to her walking off.

"Mama this is not fair." Ella said to her mom.

"Baby just go get breakfast. I'll take care of your daddy." Ashley said walking to the room.

As she walked in the room she walked behind Columbus and hugged him.

"Babe you do know she's not a baby anymore. She's 16 years old. You can't go through her entire life treating her like a baby." Ashley said.

"Babe that's my baby girl. I can't have her out here looking like a grown ass woman." Columbus said putting his shoes on.

"Babe she's not looking like that. You just overprotective over us. Give her some space." Ashley said.

"But baby." He said to her.

Ashely turned him to her and leaned up and kissed his lips.

"It's gonna be fine. I'm her mother and I always look over her outfits baby. I got that. Just get ready to go to the restaurant. Ace will be here soon." Ashley said.