In Which I Interrupt a Conversation about a Wizard

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling and listening to Ty’s quiet breathing. Joseph and Genevieve had been nice, yes, but they had thrown me into a loop when they told me about the Ivanovs. But now that I thought about it, the evidence was clear. The house, the people in weird outfits, Kirill and Yulia. The pieces all fell into place.

Tybalt murmured, burrowing further into my side as I blanched. How was I going to train with Kit tomorrow?

The next morning, I found myself once again standing in front of the Ivanov’s imposing door. I tried to still my rapidly beating heart and rang the glowing doorbell. I waited patiently for somebody to answer.

The large door creaked open to reveal the redhead – Pierce, I reminded myself. “Yes?”

I smiled nervously at him. “Hey, I was just checking in before heading down to train.”

He blinked emptily at me. “Okay.”

I chuckled, trying to stamp down my frustration. “Okay. I’ll… head down now.”

He yawned, rubbing his face. “Cool.” And he shut the door.

I rolled my eyes and sighed before I trudged past my rusty bike and down to the stables.

I walked across the indoor arena and into the small office/warm-up area. Allen was seated at his desk, with Aghosh leaning over him. “…and then Harry comes back to life.”

“But… how is that possible?” Allen asked. “How did he do that?”

“Well,” Aghosh replied. “He didn’t actually die.” He scratched his head. “Voldemort killed the Horcrux that was inside of him.”

“But…” Allen started.

“Are you guys talking about Harry Potter?” I cut in, entertained.

Aghosh jumped and spun in a tight circle, eyes wide. “How long have you been there?”

I smiled. “I just got here.”

Allen stood up, resting the last Harry Potter book onto his desk. “You’re early.”

I glanced at my watch before raising one eyebrow. “You said nine o’clock. It’s nine-o-five.”

Allen looked at his own watch. “Oh.” He sounded puzzled. “You’re right.”

I rolled my eyes for the second time in the last five minutes. “I usually am. Do you want to get started?” I gently pushed the conversation towards the job at hand.

Allen smacked his forehead. “Duh!” He strode past me, walking back into the main part of the stables. “Follow me!”

This is dedicated to gem222 because you've been here for this whole thing. I don't know you, but thank you for all of your comments! I hope you keep reading!