Chapter 04

---

"We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes" 

John F. Kennedy - 

---

It would've been easier for Shu if he knew what to expect from Dylan. But that gang was different, and they were almost a whole separate group who had nothing to do with him except for bullying him of course. The team for the tournaments was chosen by matches among each other and the last three to survive ended up being in the team. As he heard, most of the time Raging Bulls recruited five bladers to the team but this time everyone was quite surprised to find out that it was only three. Shu stretched his arms walking to the main stadium where the tournaments would take place. He thought about Lucas's information about the two new members, and as Shu guessed most probably the two missing members are those anonymous missing parts of the team. He was drawn away from his thoughts from a friendly slap on the back. Shu turned around to see Lucas, grinning at him. "Yo!"

Shu smiled at him. It was good to have someone by his side even after once in a while, and besides when Lucas was here Shu knew Dylan would not try to pull off something funny. He had called Valt, Honcho and Daigo that morning wishing them luck on the European League battle. As he heard, the first battle is going to be between Top Wand and AS Gallus. Valt, as usual, was overly enthusiastic to participate in the battles while Honcho was backing him up as always. He heard about the match between Sunbat United and BC Sol earlier that week and apparently Wakiya had recruited the team himself and played the role of the owner. Quite the surprise it might've been, Shu thought when Valt went ranting about their achievements and how he and Honcho was able to grab their spots in the team tournaments. Truthfully, he was happy that he would be able to see them soon again, even as rivals their bond would still stand strong. "So, ready for the big day?" Lucas asked.

Shu smiled, "You bet I am"

Lucas ruffled his hair, looking around at the groups who were practicing together while Shu stood alone in the corner, alone. "Aren't you going to practice?" He asked, looking at the boy who was shifting from one leg to the other, impatient and obviously nervous even though he hid it pretty well.

Shu shrugged, "I already did"

Their conversation went on forever until a voice spoke, "It seems like you two have gotten closer in the past few days"

They both turned to be met up with Theodore Glass, the manager of Raging Bulls. Shu instantly stiffened while Lucas looked annoyed. After that weird confrontation with those mysterious figures Shu kept himself away from Theodore's office as much as possible. Even though he really didn't care much about those people, a part of his mind nagged with curiosity. Just what were those people doing inside the Raging Bulls. He dismissed the thought focusing on the present. Lucas rolled his eyes at Theodore. "When your best friends forget about you, god send us someone else to snatch away the loneliness"

Theodore raised his arms in surrender, "I am guilty about that, but you know I'm a busy man Lucas"

Lucas sighed, crossing his arms. "It was better when both of us were just members at this time. Good old times"

"I agree" Theodore breathed, turning his gaze to Shu. "I heard from the coach that you're a promising young blader. Keep up the good work"

Shu nodded, "I will, Sir"

"Don't respect him that much kid. Just called that brat Ted or something" Lucas said, with a smug grin covering his face.

Shu blinked, unsure how to react about his comment. Theodore just smiled. His teal gaze fixating on him, a rare gentleness washing over them. For a moment, Shu thought Theodore was going to say something to him but instead he turned to the others who were watching them intently. "Everyone gather around, we're going to start the tournament."