2

It was Sunday, Harry had himself ready for church. He thought of it as a waste of time, he thought of it as a useless thing to do for he never believed in such a thing. Though when it comes to his Belle, in her little dress and her tight stoking, standing by the corner watching her uncle from afar, everything was worth to him.

When he arrived and sat on his usual, lonely space, he searched for her, searching like he was searching for oxygen in space. She was nowhere.

So Sunday went on until it was over without her. He was frustrated, Belle wasn't to be seen at all. Where could she be? She had never missed her Sunday schedule ever—from what Harry had observed after the past few weeks. Did something happened to her?

~

He watched as the butterflies kept fluttering around the back garden. Stopping by each flowers as he continued to stare. The flowers bloomed bright yellow, swaying innocently under the summer heat. It reminded him of Belle— Hell, everything reminds me of her. He leaned his head back and sighed. Nothing feels right. He needs to see her, he needs to see her that moment.

I need to see her.

In any second, he would have gone mad. He just wanted to see his baby, his heart's sweet desire like drug to an addict. He felt like punching himself out of desperation.

This is pathetic. I am pathetic. She's just a child. Don't drag her into this.

He sat on a bench by a big tree where it hid him from the heat of the sun. The heat was killing him. He had seen her the last few days before but now he was craving so much. Popping a cigarette in his mouth as the watch on his wrist kept ticking through his ears, footsteps were heard getting nearer and nearer. They sounded like they were in a fast pace, like it was from a little group from afar.

"Wait, Maria!" Oh, the little voice he had just wanted—needed.

Euphoria kicked in as he realized where the voice came from. He looked down to his feet, hoping being swallowed by the trees' silhouette could keep him being invisible. There she was, little Belle, in her slippers, a blouse and a skirt running along with her friend, Maria, as they tugged each other's arms. They passed him as if he wasn't there. He was relieved that he wasn't noticed by them but parts of him wanted at least a little attention from her. They were heading off somewhere, planning something for the evening and it seemed like they were planning something fun.

Harry stared as they got further and further. He missed her and wanted to see more of her. He always stalks her whenever he could so following them felt natural to him. He followed them, not even questioning what were they doing in the forest. He followed them, keeping himself a distance so they won't notice a man was creeping on them. He followed them, his presence completely oblivious to their knowledge. They finally reached a river as they squealed in excitement.

"This place is so beautiful!" Belle gasped.

"I told you" her friend replied as they both started changing off their clothes.

And from afar, he just watched.