One: 1

Grian P.O.V.

My world, my home, my family were slowly crashing. Why did this happen? Fighting, we were always fighting. I know the others felt as disappointed as I with what we all have done to our community. We were no longer friends, and we just tolerated each other.

I could barely talk to my friends without there being some sort of tension.

I could barely talk without there being some sort of tension.

I couldn't stand the tension.

________________________________________

The warmth of the air was disgusting, and the blue of the sky no longer a thing. Smog filled the emptiness of the above, this was caused by the ever-growing fires. Bases were trashed by others. The shopping district now a replica of an apocalyptic town, smashed glass littered the paths and shone dangerously in the flames. Smoke danced around the town hall - it's pillars mocking all the hermits of their behaviour.

The building stood furiously on the land, it still looked beautiful despite it being so destroyed. Its windows were broken yet still held so much elegance around the cracks. The diamond throne was long gone, blue dust scattered the floor. Green grass that used to lay near the entrance had turned brown, muddy holes in some areas. This is where the chaos began, with something so amazing.

The barge was one of the first to be recked, the damage was beyond repair. Water seeped into the spruce wood flooring. A strong smell of gunpowder came from the murky grey liquid. The chests that held all the stock had been removed or burnt to nothing but ash. The earnings the shop had been taken; only a small shard of a diamond was present in the slightly flooded vicinity. The dark oak that made up a third of 'the building' was slightly charred and felt like chalk when touched. Half of the boat like shop had been burnt, and the fire that caused this spread. Almost every other shop was like this. Burnt. Robbed. Destroyed.

________________________________________
The true beginning
________________________________________

'And the new mayor is...' shouted a man in a red sweater, his blonde hair swaying with the wind,

'Scar! '

Scar flinched in shock and embarrassment as he shily smiled. A slightly shorter male danced and yelled in excitement. Scar had won the mayoral election which meant that he had also won the luxurious diamond throne. He could almost see what he was going to do with all that treasure, it was a beautiful idea in his opinion. The new mayor had promised to turn the gross purple land into a mesmerising green dream: Flowers and trees would be everywhere, and bushes sculpted into calming memories. There was also another plan, that was a secret.

The shorter man was still prancing about whilst the emerald-eyed mayor was daydreaming. Both were extremely happy for their victory (even if only one of their names was called), so was everyone else. They all had an idea as to what will happen the mycelium island but only Scar knew what would happen.
'C'mon Scar, Bdubs and Joe!' Grian spoke as his red jumper slowing fell down his arm as he gestured at the three to follow. Joe nodded, he looked content will his title 'Dogcatcher'. Grian was leading them into the red brick town hall, sandstone contrasting the brick in such an eye-catching way.

Scar followed idly, three pairs of footsteps becoming four in a matter of seconds. The sound of dirt against the soles of their shoes slowing turned to stone then to the carpet. The cheering of the large crowd turned to silence as the thick and intimidating doors closed behind all four. The building was warm and welcoming and the diamonds that stood so proudly in front of him felt as though they sang. They sang to him, they we his now.

He could do whatever he wanted.

Sorry for the short chapter, this was just a great place to end it on. Chapter Two:2 will be out very soon (hopefully)