Chapter 1

Octavia laid there on her bed staring up on the ceiling, she rolled over on her side and looked at her phone, it said 4:25 am. She sat up on her bed, and she thought of what her new school would be like. She really didn't want to move to California, but her dad got a new job and she was proud of him. Octavia lost her mom a year ago due to cancer. She missed her mom a lot, when it happened at first, her dad started drinking heavily and that's all he did until he just couldn't do it anymore and he had to step up to be both the mother and father role all at once. She missed her mom a lot. It was hard going through life without her, but she knew her mom was in a better place and she wasn't suffering or in pain anymore. Her mom would always be part of her no matter what. She wished her mom was still here, there were some things she couldn't talk about with her dad. She loved him, but she didn't think he would understand. It's not like she could talk about this with a friend. She didn't think any of her friends would understand. She had a lot of traits that matched her mom, she had the same eye color and her face was the same. Octavia had her dad's attitude and able to win an argument about anything. Her father was a lawyer and she wanted to be the same thing. She knew it was her choice but, it seemed like everything she wanted to be. She wanted to make her mom proud.