CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

AURORA

"Hey, Babygirl. You okay?" Myles climbs into bed next to me.

"Exhausted. I just finished feeding Hansel."

This boy is one giant blessing. I've heard so many horror stories about babies crying constantly and not sleeping well. But, Hans has been the mere opposite of that. As long as he's fed and changed he's an angel. I really hope I can talk Myles into having another. This mom thing is a piece of cake!

"I'm sorry your mother spoke to you that way."

I still cant belive this is even happening. My mother getting kidnapped and Myles befriending an enemy. I have a hunch even though this Jorge technically helped us out that we shouldn't trust him. If he's as bad as people say why would he get involved out of kindness?

I know well enough to never let your guard down when it comes to mafia life. I trust Myles wholeheartedly, but it concerns me slightly because he believes so much with his heart and less with his head. He always wants to acknowledge the best in people. It's truly what makes him such a sweet man, but I tend to think differently in that aspect.

"It's not anything out of the norm for her ungrateful ass." I bite out.

"I know, but I won't have it in my house. She needs to learn to treat you with respect if she's going to be staying with us."

"What? Why would she stay with us?"

"I figured with the wedding coming up you'd want her to stay here to help you with whatever you need."

"Oh, did you now? Are you purposely trying to make me go insane? Do you want this wedding to happen? I'll tell you one thing. That woman drives me to the brink of insanity. If she's here at all hours of the day she'll ruin our wedding and want everything done her way or no way."

"What would you have me do Babygirl? Kill her?" He laughs.

"Can you?"

"I'm kidding. Damn. If it bothers you that much I'll take responsibility for her. You do kinda owe me for allowing Margarita to stay here."

"Come on, Myles you know as well as I do that Margarita had the best of intentions."

"She was working for Hector the whole time, Aurora. Right there under our noses. How do you think that makes me feel? I want to believe her actions were purely out of fear, but something is warning me to tread lightly. I still think it would be a better idea if we set her up in a condo. Give her everything she needs and have the place monitored. I can have some of my men watch over her."

After the shooting occurred Margarita confessed to us that she came to us as a spy for Hector. He threatened to kill her children who reside in Mexico. She sends them money every week and Myles and I have been more than generous in helping her to get them here. As a mother, I sympathize with her and feel where she's coming from. I would do anything to protect Hans.

I truly believe this is something Myles is blindsided to as he doesn't have the bond I do with our son. I'm the only one who knows what it felt like to carry him around for nine months. To feel his movements and nourish him as he grew. There's something about it you can't quite explain to another unless you've felt it personally.

Margarita begged us for forgiveness and said after a few weeks of getting to know us she told Hector she couldn't help him anymore. It enraged him and he kidnapped her children and sent her photos. She showed us and they were horrific. Her son is fourteen and her daughter is twelve. They had tape over their mouths and they were tied up in a corner surrounded by cement walls. It broke my heart seeing these images. My heart sympathizes with her. I can feel that her intentions were pure. I would have done the same exact thing in her shoes.