CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

SIX MONTHS LATER

"Yay! That's it, baby boy! Come on you can do it!" I cheer Hansel on as he's about to take his first steps. His eyes are so big and proud.

"Dada. Dada."

"That's it come to daddy, mijo!"

I hold my arms out for Hansel as he leans on the couch for support.

"Ah! What is happening here?" Aurora walks in the front door from her girls day with Valerie and Lexi.

"Hey, babygirl. Hansel's about to start walking." I say excitedly.

This boy is my world. I'll never take one second for granted and I always want him to know how much I love him. I'll always be here for him.

"How was party shopping?" I ask Aurora.

"It was great! I think I got everything we need. I can't believe our boy will be a big one year old tomorrow!" Aurora sits next to me on the floor and pecks my lips.

"I know. These last six months flew by."

"Oh by the way. Felipe and Valerie set a date for the wedding. It'll be a Christmas wedding. They are thinking December 22nd." Aurora informs me.

"Fuck, that's coming up fast. Only three months."

Felipe proposed to Valerie a few weeks ago. It took a while for him to regain his strength after the incident. He said he wanted it to be perfect for her and wanted to be one hundred percent back to feeling like himself before he asked her. We hosted an engagement party for them right away and celebrated Felipe finally becoming a man. I like to joke with him about it. I honestly never thought I'd see the day when hit it and quit it Felipe would tie the knot. I couldn't be happier for him. Valerie's the perfect match for him. Anyone who can go through everything we've been through and still stick around is already a part of our family in my eyes.

Hansel pulls my thoughts as he lets go of the couch and starts to walk towards us.

"Oh my God!" Aurora and I both sing in unison.

"Yay! That's it my boy!" He smiles and walks right into my arms.

My heart is so full. These moments right here is what life is all about. I live and breath for these beautiful moments that make me appreciate all that life has given me. Despite the obstacles and loss. One thing always remains true and that's that family is everything.

THE NEXT DAY

"Happy birthday to you! Feliz cumpleaños a ti! Feliz cumpleaños a ti! Happy birthday to you!"

"Alright sweet boy let's blow out your candles. You ready?" Aurora and I lean forward to help Hansel blow out his candles. He doesn't hesitate to dig his fingers right into the chocolatey goodness.

"That's my mijo!" We all laugh as he devours the cake.

"Oh my goodness you really love that cake huh sweet boy?" Aurora coos snapping pictures of him.

"Yeah he'll most definitely need a bath after this." I watch Hansel as he smiles and licks the frosting off his fingers.

Aurora did a fantastic job planning the party and all the decorations. My babygirl has got a gift.