Chapter Five

Gabbie's POV

"Gabriella?"

"Marco."

Before I could do anything Marco hugged me. I stood frozen not able to do anything. Then he abruptly let go and stumbled backward. He had a confused face and looked down.

"Stay away from our mommy!" Carter said standing in front of me while Cynthia was hugging my leg.

"Carter, come on. Let's go." I say bending down and hugging Cynthia.

Carter nodded but kept glaring at Marco. I stood up and grabbed both Carter and Cynthia's hands. We went around Marco and I put the kids in the car. Right, when I was about to open my door I heard the bastards voice.

"Are they mine?" he said in all seriousness.

"Goodbye Marco." I say before getting in the car.

"Mommy, who is that guy?" asked Carter looking out the window.

"No one sweetheart." I say.

"Is he our daddy?" Cynthia asked and I froze.

"Why would you ask that, baby?" I ask.

"He looked like Carter." Cynthia said.

"Do you guys want to come to mommy's work?" I ask to avoid going any further with this topic.

"Yeah!" they both say.

I drove all the way back to work. The drive was quiet. The only thing you could hear was the music playing. I would glance in the rearview mirror at the twins every once and awhile.

I soon got to the office and got the kids out. I grabbed their hands and walk into the building. I walked to my office. I got to my door and walked in with Cynthia and Carter.

RING!

RING!

"Hello, this is Gabriella Martinez. How may I help you today?"

"Gabbie, we need to talk about this." I heard his voice on the other end.

"No, we don't. Goodbye." I say.

I hung up and got to work on my paperwork while the kids played with their toys that they have here. While I was working I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in." I say still focused on my work.

The door opened and closed. The person sat down and I felt their eyes burning a hole in the top of my head. I looked up and groaned.

"Why the hell are you here?" I ask extremely angry and the kids looked at me.

"We---" he started but was cut off.

"Mommy, why is that man from earlier here." asks Cynthia.

"I don't know sweetheart." I say to her with a smile on my face."Go back to your brother. While I talk to him alone okay."

"Ok mommy." she says before kissing my cheek and going to her brother that was glaring at him.

I stood from my chair and ruffled Carter's hair before going outside my office with Marco following me. I closed the door then crossed my arms and stared at him annoyed.

"What the fuck do you want?" I ask.

"We need to talk about this."

"Talk about what?"

"Are they mine? I want to know."

"Why would you care if they are? You rejected me. I got the message that you never wanted to see or talk to me ever again."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Would you have fucking believed me if I told you. I'm pretty sure you would have just called me a whore and said that I'm just saying that so you would take me back."

"How would you fucking know that? Huh? How would you know?"

"From how you treated before you found out we were mates. We use to be best friends, but then you treated me like shit, and after you found out we were mates, you fucking rejected me, and I'm pretty sure you would have still treated me like shit."

He didn't say anything. He just stared at me with guilty eyes.

"Are you going to say something or what? I really don't have the fucking time."

"I want to get to know them. They are my kids too." He says to me.

"If that is what they want. I won't force my kids to do anything that they don't want to do." I say walking back into my office and see carter and Cynthia still playing.

I walk over to them and squat down to their level," Guys, do you want to meet your father."

Carter and Cynthia both look at me and at Marco. They then look at each other and nod. I stand up from my position. I turn around to face Marco.

"Carter, Cynthia, this man is your father." I say and look at them to see their expressions.

Cynthia walks towards him and he smiles back at her before getting down to her level. Then she hugs him and he hugs her back. I look at Carter and it seems like he won't be moving anytime soon.

"Sweety, are you okay?" I ask Carter.

"Why did you look angry to see him mommy?"