Band Camp Day 1

Y/N POV
The next day..

I woke up at 5am because even though band camp starts at 8am, Since I am drum major, I have to be at school at 6:30am along with all the section leaders to go over the plan for today and just to set an example for the rest.

I make myself some eggs with bacon, avocado, toast, and an iced coffee. I took my sweet time finishing since I had plenty of time. You might think I'm crazy for waking up so early but it feels so good to know that you have more than enough time to do what you need to do. I personally hate being late or just rushing to get somewhere, it is unnecessary stress that you can avoid just by giving yourself enough time.

I took a quick shower and put on my black and white adidas shorts, my favorite red and black tie dye shirt, adidas dad hat, black socks, and my brand new black adidas. I was going to put my Nikes on but I don't want to be judged for mixing brands.

I look at the time while looking at myself in my floor mirror and see that it is 6:00am, so I decide to head to school. I fill up my water jug with ice and water, grab my Nike bag, baton, my car keys, and head to school.

I park in the parking lot and notice that there are only a few cars here which is understandable. I get out of my car and walk to the band room. I get to have one of the biggest lockers since I am a drum major which I am very thankful for.

I am greeted by many of the section leaders and staff which is not really a norm for me and I'll tell you why. All the previous years, I was only a band member and I was very introverted. But as drum major, I kind of have to be much more outgoing due to the fact that I'm helping run this whole band. I have also noticed that all the previous drum majors have become more popular than they were prior to them being given that position. I am not so sure how I feel about being "popular" but I guess we're about to find out.

"Hey Y/N! I was waiting for you, here, I got you this." Sebastian, who is the saxophone section leader, yells at me from across the room. I was never really that close to him but he seems like a chill dude. He runs up to me with a black shirt that says "Drum major: God's gift to Marching band" I stare at him shocked. He is the only person I know that would do something like this.

"If you think I am wearing that, you better think again. There is no way I am wearing that, people are going to think I'm some arrogant jerk!" I look at him in disbelief but he just starts laughing his ass off.

"Oh come one! Why so uptight? Just wear it, even Mr. Garcia thinks you should wear it! He insists but I am definitely not wearing that and I am sure Mr. Garcia didn't say that. I was about to interject when Mr. Garcia came out of his office.

He pulls me and all the section leaders into his office and runs the whole plan for today with us just to make sure we are all on the same page.

"Okay guys, so you all will be the example everyone will be looking at so I need you guys to represent!" not going to lie, this is getting me more hyped up. All his pep talks always work to lift up spirits to be honest.

"Oh and Y/N, please put on that shirt that Sebastian bought for you." He says without taking his eyes off his laptop. WAIT WHAT?!?!? I look at Sebastian who looks like a Cheshire cat. 

"Just give me that thing." I grumble as I take the shirt and go to the restrooms to change.
I change into the shirt and look at myself in the mirror. I can't believe I am actually doing this right now ugh.

I go back to the band room and already see a lot of new and familiar faces.I turn to my left and see Sebastian walking towards the door. He gives me a big smile and goes outside to greet people as they walk in just like he always does every year. I could never do that but I think that should be me since I am drum major.