Chapter 15

Blaze's pov

I couldn't believe Twister came back. But then to find out he can ride tornadoes? Totally unbelievable! At least it would have been. But it turns out all three of us have powers. Which brings up the question I know is on everyone's minds; why? And how? I guess that's two questions but still.

We stayed under that willow all that day, relaxing and wondering why we can do what we do.

That night, we all curled up together like litter mates for the first time since meeting. And I had that dream again. It was clearer this time. The first time, I could only recognize myself, but this time I could see the other two figures clearly. One was Twister and the other was Aurora. But there was something else this time, too. I couldn't see anything, but it's like I knew it should be there.

I woke up to birds singing in the trees. Aurora was still asleep, but Twister was wide awake.

"Good morning," he said.

"Good morning," I replied.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"Um . . ." I started, but a noise behind me caught both of our attention.

Aurora had woken up and was stretching. She said a quick "good morning" to us before beginning to groom herself for the umpteenth million time.

Between licks, she said, "I had the weirdest dream last night."

"Me too," Twister responded.

"I bet mine was weirder," I challenged.

Twister smiled and said, "Try me."

As I described my dream, Twister stared at me in shock and Aurora stopped grooming herself to listen.

"That's just like my dream," Aurora said.

I was surprised at what she said, but I was even more surprised when Twister said the same thing.

"So we all have powers and the same dreams?!" I exclaimed.

"It has to mean something," Aurora pointed out.

"But what?" I wondered.

"I guess we'll just have to find out," Twister said.

"How, ask that creepy old owl?" I asked.

Twister gave me a strange look, and I realized he probably never saw that owl. The look Aurora gave me told me she sure did, and she does not want to again.

I sighed and said, "I guess we'll just keep traveling the world together until we figure it out."

"That sounds like a good plan to me," Twister smiled.

"Me too," Aurora agreed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We've been traveling together for a week and still nothing. None of us have been able to use our powers either.

It's been a few days since we left the forest and came across this grassland. We spend the nights in rabbit holes that we find. So far we haven't run into any trouble. Life seems to have gone back to normal, Aurora and I like to tease each other and Twister is here to break up our arguments. Sometimes I pick on him so he'll join in the fun, but he mostly just watches the sky.

A field mouse races across our path and I chase it to its hole. It goes in before I could catch it, so I start digging for it. Aurora comes over and starts slamming her front paws onto the ground.