Chapter 48: Pool Day

Since we had been told by Mr. Aizawa to not go too far over vacation (barring I-Island since there were a bunch of heroes there), due to the League of Villains being on our trails, us girls asked him if we could use the school pool as our own little getaway. He had miraculously agreed, so the day after we get back from I-Island, we all meet up at UA.

We have to wear the school regulated swimsuits, but I don't mind. It's not revealing and I don't have to worry about the shorts riding up. I apply copious amounts of sunscreen in the locker rooms, knowing it still probably won't do much good.

Ochaco and I walk out to the pool with our bags, meeting the rest of the girls. The Olympic sized pool is split into two sides, one half open and the other with defined lanes. Momo and Tsu are already at work setting up a volleyball net on the open side.

My friend and I put our stuff down and go to start stretching out with Mina and Toru. Momo and Tsu join us when they're done.

"Greetings!" I hear from across the pool. Iida has arrived, wearing the boy's swim uniform as well as a ghastly yellow swim cap and goggles. "Us boys have decided to have endurance training today. I hope that won't bother you!"

"Not at all, Iida," Momo calls out, reaching down to touch her toes, all of us following her actions. "We're just going to use this half. Feel free to use the other side!"

"We'll try not to disturb you!"

She sends him a thumbs up in response as we move onto other stretches and the other guys show up. When Todoroki arrives, shirtless, I force myself to stare at the water. Kaminari rushes into the pool area and seems to deflate at the fact that all the guys are here and us girls aren't in skimpy bikinis.

I mean if he was planning on ogling us, is it really so bad if I look over there? I mean they're just guys. I glance up, looking over at the other side where the half and half teenager is stretching out his back, his muscles rippling as he does so. Immediately, I feel bad for watching and look back at the water with pink cheeks. Don't be creepy, Koto.

After stretching, Tsu dives instantly into the water, the rest of us following after her. The water is cold, but only compared to the scorching heat in the air. I swim down to the bottom, letting myself sit and pretend to be a child of Poseidon like I always used to when I was a kid. Eventually, I run out of air and have to resurface. I blink the water off my eyelashes and take in a deep breath.

"Who wants to be on my team?" Mina asks.

"I will," I volunteer.

"Me too!" Cheers Toru.

We go to separate sides of the net and start playing volleyball. Of course we're at a disadvantage since they have Tsu on their team, but it's not a very competitive game. Not to mention, Mina is pretty athletic, so I'm not worried.

After lunch, I apply more sunscreen and sit out with the rest of the girls, just relaxing in the sun. At some point, Bakugo must've shown up because our meal is punctuated with his competitive shouts. We watch as the guys have their rigorous workout, some collapsing the moment they get out of the water. Iida's running them like a drill sergeant, huh?

When we're about to hop back in, Iida calls lunch for the boys. We laugh as they drag themselves over to the shade.

"Hey guys!" Mina calls. "Wanna judge a diving contest?" Most of them nod, out of breath, but willing.

"What?" Ochaco asks, looking at our pink friend.

"I mean, why not? Just for fun!"

We all agree and decide to have three rounds, the first one being any fancy dives we want, the second one being pairs, and the third being belly flops. Of course, we're allowed to use our quirks since we're on school property, so this should get interesting.