Prologue

"Jahara" I heard a familiar cold voice of a man who called my name as I walk inside a room sa isang well known company since the CEO was accused.

"Good morning, I am Atty. Jahara Yazielle Alcantara and I will be the one who'll represent you i court since you we're accused..." I formally introduced myself but the woman wearing a black offshoulder dress, a black feathered hat, a black gloves that holds a whiskey and a black shades. 

"Accused? Jahara, do you think I am a murderer?" she removed her shades slowly. I saw the familiar eyes who degraded me years ago, the eyes who removed the only trust I have for myself.

"I am here to ask some questions so I will know how will I handle the case" inilagay ko ang case ko sa table we are about inches away since sa kabilang dulo ako ng table niya umupo. 

"Jahara, let's be a bit informal para namang wala tayong pinag-" before she even continue  what she's saying agad ko na iyong pinutol.

"Are you at Mr. Ramirez's house that evening?" I formally asked as I look at her eyes while holding a pen and my notebook where I will list her statements.

"No, I wasn't" she responded. I nodded.

"If you're not there, where were you? Based on the investigation of the opponent, you were not home that night. Exactly 9:47pm, the exact time of death ni Mr. Ramirez." 

"Nandito ko sa opisina, overtime." she looked away habang nilalaro ang alak sa wine glass.

"Do you have any evidence that can prove you're here that night? Atleast CCTV clips?" I requested, para mas mapadali ang kaso.

"Jahara, I didn't kill him. That's it." she was a bit annoyed but this is my freaking job as her lawyer.

"We cannot just tell the court you are not guilty, Ms. Ramos malakas ang ebidensya ng kabilang kampo at testigo nila ang mga katulong mo" I explained.

"Jahara, don't let me go to jail." she begged. 

"If the judge finds you guilty, then hindi ko na hawak ang desisyong iyon" I cleared my throat as I explained.

"You are a great lawyer, Jahara. Please do this for me" she begged once more.

"I know I am a great lawyer, thanks for degrading me years ago I knew my worth and pushed harder." I stood up and packed my things and said "Contact me if you find evidences that will prove you innocent, Ms. Ramos" I walked outside the huge building.

Sumakay ako sa elevator but before it even closes a man wearing a white sleeves inserted in his black slacks entered. His hair are brushed up and his lips parted as he tries to catch his breath.

He was still the same.

His manly smell.

His deep brown eyes.

His thick eyelashes.

He's still the man I loved a decade ago.

"Jahara" napalulon ako hearing again his voice na pinilit kong hindi pansinin.

"Mr. Ramos" I formally greeted and smiled a bit. 

"Please stop being too formal Jahara, we've been together for years." he said. Ngumisi ako, yes we've been together for four freaking years pero when I entered law school he broke up with me because of his family who never trusted my abilities.

"Yes, we've been and I guess it is proper to be formal to the owner of the largest company in the Philippines" I smiled a bit to ease the awkwardness inside the elevator.

"Jahara, let's be friends" he calmly said.

"No exes should be friends, I believe Mr. Ramos" I walked fast when the elevator bell rang. 

"Jahara" he followed me on the parking lot.

"Please, Mr. Ramos nandito ako para tulungan ang kapatid mo not to flirt with you or to be friends with you" mariin kong paglilinaw kay Kaleb.

"I am just asking you to be friends with me Jahara, wala akong sinabing flirt with me" he smirked saka nagpa-mewang. Damn those biceps.

"Ganoon narin yun, Kaleb. I know how boys play the game"  I smirked and pressed my car key. I opened my Honda CRZ that was colored black.

As I closed my door, nakita ko si Kaleb na nakangisi parin sa harap ng kotse ko na para bang nangiinis.

"Never play with me again, Kaleb" I whispered saka ko inihataw ang takbo ng kotse ko.

Never pumasok sa isip ko na makipaglandian ko makipagusap manlang kay Kaleb, I just had no choice dahil ako ang kinuha nila and since they are the most influencial people I never had a chance to decline the case.

As a lawyer, I should act like a professional.