0. 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘

Soft sobs were heard, as the sound of pattering feet hitting the floor echoed

Soft sobs were heard, as the sound of pattering feet hitting the floor echoed. "Another runaway! The special one is escaping!" A small girl, with tears running down her face was spotted by many.

Most shouted, some shot guns. As she ran, she felt her cut up feet grow tired. The bright light of the outdoors caught her off guard, but she continued to run to it. The doors slowly closing as she was still being chased down. Picking up all the pent up speed she could muster, the girl slipped through the doors.

The shouts of many echoed through the walls. The cheers she earned from the other slaves and the annoyed yelling from the guards. She ran farther off, far from that hell. Far away from the place that gave her so much pain.

As she reached the Oceanside she collapsed, huffing and panting, dry tears marking her face. Balling up her fists in the sand, her lips morphed into a small smile. "I'm free... But with nowhere to go..." Slowly sitting up, she looked at the blue water.

Heavy footsteps were heard behind her, causing her to quickly whip her head around and stare, wide eyed. A small gasps left her, as she scooted back closer to the water. "She came this way! Come on Arlong~San!" A voice said, making her heart beat quicken.

Throat now dry, and heavy beads of sweat running down the side of her face. As the approaching footsteps were close enough, two figures stop before her. Tall and bulky, looking different than what you'd usually see in people. "Wh-who are you?!" The more taller male, with a long and threatening looking nose leaned down closer to her.

"Well would you look at this. She looks human but doesn't smell like it." pulling up a large webbed hand, he gently shoved her into the water, causing her to gasp and fall back. As she did so, her form grew slightly, as her smooth skin slowly changing from its tan look to a more beige ish blue.

Her hands and feet grew webbed, Gills appearing against her neck. Her once small fangs poking out from her lips, followed by rows of sharp teeth. Looking up at the fishman that stood before her he laughed. "Come on, we've gotta get you cleaned up. You're one of us now runaway."

Offering her a large hand, she slowly took it. He picked her up, holding her against his chest and carrying her back towards his ship. Holding onto him tightly, she began to morph back. Her sore, tired form shaking slightly as he glanced down. His gaze was somehow soft as he held her closer to his chest.

The moment they reached the ship, the crew all turned to their captain and stared. Whispers began to erupt, spotting their captain holding a human child was an off sight.

"Listen up everyone. This human child is not Human entirely. She is a fusion of one of us. She holds great strength, and we will be the ones to help her overcome it. Now men, treat her as one For she is. In honor of our newcomer, a celebration!"

The fishmen all cheered, meanwhile the small girl just glanced around confused. She knew no one, and the sight of all the large fish men slightly frightened her. Their loud cheers caused her to jolt and hold onto Arlong more tightly.