Bittersweetness -- 1k Special

Requested by; SoftieToru05

~~~

The reader comes from a broken home, and has no idea what love is until she meets Todoroki and realize they have a lot in common.

TW⚠️; Suggestive content throughout the One-shot. This is how the requester wanted this to play out, I just do the writing.

Don't say I didn't warn you, apparently a lot of people don't read the Cautions.

Lastly, some of the characters' traits have been altered to fit the story AND I also have ships of my choice, so if that's gonna bother you....

KICK FUCKING ROCKS!!
Thank You 😊

~~~~~

You sat in your room as you heard the faint sound of your parents arguing. Your mother complaining to your father about how he spends too much time at work. And your father yelling at your mother at how she spends all the money he makes. As a child, hearing them yell at each other made you nervous. But when you got a little older, no older than eight, it became mind-numbing and sometimes you barely hear it at all.

It was like white noise to you and seeing and hearing your parents fight as they did, you thought all people who were in relationships did nothing but fight. And that love didn't exist.

"You don't spend time with me anymore!"

"Says you! You're on my back every chance you get! And when I do want to do something with you, you don't want to be bothered!"

"Go fuck yourself, you piece of shit! You call yourself a man?!"

"I swear to God, I could just fucking hit you!"

"Do it then! What's holding you back?!"

That's when you heard the front door slam shut.

You went towards the window and watch your dad go into his car and drive off. Like he usually does.

~~~

One day, you were sitting in the living room, and your parents were at it again, but this time you heard clothes being thrown in a bag. "I can't stay here anymore! You're driving me fucking crazy!" You heard your dad say.

"I don't need your worthless ass anyway! Good riddance!" Your mom yelled.

"I hope you get help, you're out of your fucking mind!"

You watched as your dad come down with his bags, and you both made eye contact. He sighs and walks towards you.

"This isn't your fault, alright?" He says.

You just nod. "Don't end up like your mother." He gives you a kiss goodbye on the forehead and then leaves.

You looked out the window and watch his car leave for the very last time.

~~~~

That was years ago, and now you were in high-school and transferring to U.A. High. Growing up, you stayed in the background. You had a distant yet cold personality, you weren't rude, but you didn't prefer the company of others.

Your mom often tried to get you to open up and wanted you to make friends, but you didn't budge. And around the time you were 13, she said it's around the age you start developing crushes.

But you didn't buy it. Love technically wasn't in your vocabulary. Seeing what you witnessed as a child....need to say more?

You said goodbye to your mom and made your way to school. You entered Class 1-A and took your seat. Some of the other people in the class said hi to you, and you said hi back, but you weren't in for a conversation.