04; hard

[ au; if murphy and bellamy were in the bunker instead of on the ark during praimfaya ]

murphy and bellamy were currently in their shared room in the bunker, getting ready to eat their share of the rationing. murphy sat on the bed with his legs crossed, watching bellamy put the plates of food on the small table. 

the sight of the "food" made murphy gag, and he raised his shirt over his nose and began to shake his head. "im not eating that, bell."

bellamy sighed and went over to murphy, gently picking him up. "you gotta, its all we have." he sat in the chair next to the table and held murphy, who had his hands over his mouth, in his lap. 

"stop overreacting, it doesnt even smell." bellamy said as he cut the chunk of meat in half. the sight made murphy gag again and he tried to get out of bellamy's lap. it was no use, bellamy held him down. 

"stop it murphy, you know you have to eat." bellamy kept one hand on murphys hip and with the other be brought his half of the meat to his mouth, taking a bite. murphy watched with disgust on his face. 

"how can you even eat that-" 

"its all we have. i dont have a choice." he swallowed and started to take another bite. 

"we always have a choice, bellamy." murphy's voice broke a little, not even wanting to think about who had to suffer for this meal. 

bellamy finished his half and picked up murphy's, holding it to murphy's mouth. "not today, we dont. now open your mouth." 

"nuh-uh, no way, am i eating that." murphy grasped his hand against his mouth and turned his head away from bellamy. this made the eldest sigh and be brought murphys hand down with his free hand. 

tightly, he grabbed both of murphys arms and held them to his side as he brought the food to murphy's mouth. "open." murphy didnt budge. "murphy, open your mouth. cmon, you have to eat at least a little." 

he took a deep breath before opening his mouth, slightly. it was just enough for bellamy to shove a corner of the food into his mouth and he bit down. "good, thank you murph." murphy ignored him as he slowly chewed the food. 

it took a lot for him to swallow it, and keep it down. murphy groaned and shuddered, shaking his head again. "thats it, no more. you have it, bell." 

bellamy sighed. "one more bite murphy, please?" he looked at him, sadly. bellamy didnt want murphy to get sick because he wasnt eating. murphy saw something in his eyes and he gave in, taking one more bite. 

"thank you." bellamy kissed murphys head and let go of his hands, letting him get off his lap. instead of eating the piece himself, he left it on the plate in case murphy would change his mind to eat more. 

once murphy was out of his lap, he went over to the bed and threw himself down, covering himself with the blanket and curled up. bellamy bit his lip as he watched it happen. "murphy, im sorry. you needed to eat, i wasnt going to just sit here and-"

"and what? get upset with me because i didnt want to eat somebody? you disgust me, bellamy. leave me alone."

murphy's words broke bellamy's heart. he layed down behind murphy and wrapped his arm around his waist, pulling him close to his chest. he heard a quiet sob leave murphy's lips. it broke him to see murphy like this. 

bellamy softened his voice. "im sorry, murph.. i really am. i know things aren't easy right now, but we can get through this.. we have to do what we have to, to survive. you know that more than anybody." 

"yeah," murphy sniffled, "but i didn't want it to have to come to this."

"i know." bellamy held him tighter. "but we can get through this." 

wc; 670
shorter chapter, just wanted to throw something in here
i should just change the title to "murphamy oneshots" lol

also, if you didnt know why murphy didnt want to eat, its because they were eating people. you gotta watch it to understand.