Chapter 2

"I have something for you Vine come here" I heard ellise screamed down stairs. I abruptly close my door.

"I'm busy." I shouted.

"Okay I'm coming." She replied with the finality on her voice. I shook my head she can't. I heard her foots steps coming close to my door.

"No! I mean you can't. I'm busy busy right now." I said.

"Oh my gosh. What makes you busy this day? All you did was just to sleep or read books. Your making me---"

"The entire room is messy and I need privacy just later." I shouted and locked my door. I should not act and sound like over reacting. I can't or she'll find out. I'm tired of her giving me a letter from someone. I just.. I'm just not comfortable with it.

"Hey? You know I have your letter?" She asked and knocked my door.

"No? Its no ones letter! All you can do was junked it for me. Thank you. And I'm busy." I replied. I took my book to read.

"Oh don't tell me this is from Lucas?" Aniya nito sa labas ng pinto.

"Definitely right. H-his portrait still at the gallery. And I'm not making him another one."

"Oh again?! It's been awhile! How dare him request one. Okay I'll throw this."

"Thanks. Can you make me a tea after?"

"Oh yeah I'm on it."

I sighed. Its been a month since... I've been receiving a death threats. I just hate it that my temporary life is endangered. I never had a enemy before. As far as I remember I'm cold and snob and no one ever tried to make friends of me. Or even talk to me. If someone's approached me it's because I'm in the gallery and I'm being nice to them. I don't have a lot of friends just ellise. And I don't understand the man behind the death threats. I shook my head and tried myself focus on what I am reading. Until I heard a knock.

"Vine? Don't get mad okay? You told me to throw the letter and when i was about to throw it a child came to me and asked me to read it. I never felt confuse before but when he came and asked me read it... So I read it its a death threats. T-tell me this is not the reason why you've been avoiding me right?" I heard her shouted. You could sound her nervousness. I thought she would not read it. I know ellise its not her thing reading a letter that doesn't belong to her. I didn't tell her because I don't want her to be scared or to be worried. But there she is. I stood up and walked to my door and open it. I saw her panicked face and her trembling hand holding the letter.

"You knew? When?"

"A month." I replied. I took the letter from here.

"You shouldn't read it."

"I don't know if I should thanked the boy or hate him. Why you didn't tell me?"

"I don't want you to worry that's my reason and its obvious."

"You should call a cops---"

"No cops gonna believe me. I'm just nobody." They would definitely not. They still see me as a ex convict beacuse the case ran for a damn year.

"We aren't nobody. Actually we're special. We were under experiment because were special. We do the experiment too. Of course were special. We do their research for their information and they can't neglet us for we are nobody for them." She shook her head.

"Can you tell me what the boy look like?"

"A short boy with a messy hair and he has this boring face. I could tell someone really asked him to tell me read the letter. I bit the guy behind this letter was just watching you. You should tell this to the cops." She said. I shook my head.