6

SANDARA

"Oh, why are you like that? Anything bad happened last night?" Bom asked me the moment she saw me inside my room.

I asked her to come here. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to feel.

"Did I miss something while I was in New York?" I asked and I saw how her facial expression changed.

"Tell me. Is there another girl? Is he happy with her?!"

"Hmm. Fine. We saw him before with Nana. Actually, always. They are always together. Some staff from his office are saying that they are dating, but the two always deny it. Even with us." Bom said while looking at me with a sad expression.

I am hurt. I surely am hurt, but I am the sole reason why he is with Nana and not me.

"But, why does he need to deny it? He is single and he is free to do everything."

"Yes. He is single, but he said that his fcking heart is owned by someone already. So dating someone is not a thing for him." She said, and I smiled into that.

"But girl, that was what he said when they are just starting to hang out. And it has been a year already that they are always together. "

"Oh. Really?"

"Yes. And now, they just ignore and laugh at those people asking about their  status. They just keep their mouth shut about it. It's like they have a silent agreement about them? Maybe they don't want other people to know about their relationship."

Maybe she's right. And with the way he talked to Nana last night? I know he is happy. Am I ready to see him happy with someone else? Can my heart take the heartbreak that is about to unfold?

"Are you okay, Dara? It looks like you are about to cry?"

And as if on cue, my tears started to fall. She hugged me like I am a baby that lost her favorite doll.

"I don't know Bommie. I love him, still. So much. But, it seems that he already moved on. Maybe he was just confused last night that he told me he still love me. Maybe because Nana wasn't there that is why he did that. What if he was thinking about her while he is with me? While..." I stopped and catch my breath because I am crying too hard that I already lost my breath.

"he is with me? Or what if he is just playing with me this time? I love him. I love him so much. I know he was at fault that night when I leave. What if it turned out differently? What if I stayed that night?"

"Dara, we all know the reason why you were not able to come back. We all know why you were in New York. And I guess, the best thing you need to do now is to move on. Jiyong already did, and you have to. I don't want you getting hurt, again." She said while she cradles me like a baby.

******************************

JIYONG's POV

After driving Sandara home, I went to my parent's house because it's a Sunday. I actually asked Sandara to come with me but she told me she's not feeling well. She looks off this working. It's like something is not right.

'But, what have I done wrong?'

"Hey! Jiyong you're spacing out." Dami noona said while waving her hands in front of me.

"Huh? I'm not. I'm just thinking of something." and she just looked at me like I did something very suspicious.

"It is someone, not something. I know she's back, Tabi told me. You know your hyung can't hide anything from me."

I sighed deeply before I answer her. "Yeah. She is back. And I was with her last night, I mean until this morning before I drive her home. And, I don't know if I did something wrong because we were okay last night. She even told me she is still in love with me. She even thought Jennie is my new girlfriend because that brat keeps on calling me by my first name. Sucha disrespectful brat!"

"Okay. And, if you say that she told you she is still in love with you, then what happen? Did you tell her anything that can make her feel like you don't like her anymore?" she asked, and I think of what happened last night.

"Ji!" we both look at the direction where the voice is coming from. And to my surprise, it's Nana. I didn't know that she will be here. She didn't tell me over the phone when we were talking last nig-

"I guess noona I already know why Sandara acted weird this morning." I said as my lips form a smile.

"Hey, Nana, you didn't tell me you will be here?"

"Ofcourse, it's a surprise. And, how can I say no to Mommy Kwon?" she said while giggling.

Nana is my bestfriend. She was is Japan for a long time and she just got back last year. She told me that she just finished her contract there and that she will be staying here for good. BESTFRIENDS, yes because that is what she wants us to be. But, I fell in love with her, in the past. I was a broken man when Sandara and I met. But, Sandara helped me. And I fell for her as she fell for me too. My mom wants me to marry Nana, to which I agreed before. But, everything changed when I was with Sandara.

Nana is the reason why we broke up. She found out about her but she don't know who she is. She accidentally overheard me and my mom talking about marriage, and Nana. We had a fight. And I give her up. I give her up because I thought that will be for the best.

It took me a year before I forgive my mother. And it will take me forever to forget her. And I am willing to spend forever wooing her. Making her feel that I am still in love with her. That this time, I am willing to surrender my all of me to her. That this time, there is no more turning back. That this time, I will never let go of her, even if I need to fight for her from my parents.

"I guess I already know what happened last night. Do what you know is right, Jiyong. Second chances doesn't always give you the assurance of a happy ending. Sometimes, second chances can lead you to a worst heartbreak." she whispered before leaving me at the table.