Chapter 2: Missing Ash

Notes:

Ash is actually having a mild Hanahaki as well and it's Goh's favorite flower but it's so mild because Ash's not sure about his feeling for Goh yet, and Goh's feeling for Ash is now Firery like Victini's Searing Shot, burning hot like Scorbunny.

Things aren't the same without Ash.

"So... I'm suffering from, what, Hanahaki Disease?"

Goh returned to the Medical Center for a due check-up, Nurse Joy has analyzed the flower petal Goh coughed out as well as checking his lung with X-Ray, all that stuff concluded that Goh is currently at the first state of Hanahaki Disease. Nurse Joy gave him a nod and show him a different X-Ray of his lung, there's some kind of flower growing inside his lungs and Goh gasp when he sees that, truthfully, he's scared, he doesn't know a thing about it, he was very healthy the other day and all the sudden flower is growing out of his lung, out of nowhere.

Goh sigh and thought to himself maybe some medicine and treatment would do and asked Nurse Joy what she could do about it, to him her answer was... none, nothing she could do to cure his disease, she started explaining about the disease, it's an ancient curse, really ancient that it dated back to when Pokémon and people existed, it's a disease caused by unrequited love, to this Goh knew exactly who caused him this, he continues to listen. To treat Hanahaki, he has to get Ash to love him back or he will die, seriously going to die from either suffocation or internal bleeding, he can go to Shaymin and ask for its flower, then he can eat that flower to cure Hanahaki completely and also cure his love, everything associated with the term love will be gone from Goh by that point, he will not feel the love from anyone or be able to return it. Goh was kind of shock when he knew such treatment exist but he thought that he rather die than eating Shaymin's flower because he just found his love, the feeling of love is... Unique and it feels good to Goh, he's happier, less grumpy, and is overall friendlier due to Ash, and Ash has begun to show his true side as a professional Pokémon trainer.

Now that Goh is confirmed to have Hanahaki, Nurse Joy give him some suppressants and drugs to help him ease the pain had he needed, and Goh is thankful for this, though Nurse Joy does remind him that Hanahaki is a rare disease so the amount of drugs and suppressant given to him now is all that she could ever give him, also because the side effects are really powerful, like throat burning, nausea, headache, slow heart-rate, hemophilia, things like that, so Goh has to be extremely careful and sure to have taken these drugs, also overdose could be lethal to Goh, to this Goh gulp and take note about it.

Goh let out another sigh, thanked Nurse Joy, and go home, his actual home though because he doesn't feel good right now, he feels like the flower is growing because his throat and chest are itchy again, also it's that light scratch feeling and his mouth is tasting metallic, like blood, he knows what is growing inside of him, it's the blue rose, Ash's favorite flower, as Ash has told him about it the other day, before disappearing without telling Goh, as of right now Goh doesnn't know yet, he told Goh many funfacts about himself, Ash really likes hugs, he also like warmness and cuddle, he really likes to meet new people but really afraid of losing them so he would usually not make new friend unless he knows for sure that he can keep in touch with them, also Goh haven't notice but Ash is frustrated when Goh get depressed, and many many things including stories about him in other Region before coming back home and decided to stay in Sakuragi Institute, however he doesn't tell Goh about his sudden interest in Pokémon researching, Goh takes note to research more about Ash in the future.

Ash now has a special place in Goh's heart, first, his first true friend, now, his crush, it's such a drag how Ash is kind of dense and also kind of weird because he acts like friends but also crushes sometimes, he's close but not too close, he shows affection but it's more like what friends do to Goh. Goh doesn't know if Ash would return his feeling but at the same time, he's scared of Ash disliking him and shove away their newly formed friendship just because Goh is... Well, gay. Goh realized he has no feeling for the opposite sex since a few years ago when he was in school and he tried his best to get along with girls because his friends always mock him for his androgynous and feminine manners, but he couldn't, now the fact that he has a crush on Ash make more sense now.