Golden Days

Nowadays the nearest thing to get closure and feel peace for me is sipping tea while I go through the old pictures. I looked so happy or at least I knew about my surroundings. I don't recognise any of those faces but that one face struck me. It's like I've known him forever yet I don't know anything about him at all. Funny how Melvin printed out pictures of everyone, I repeat almost everyone that I've known before but him. I found his picture on my iPad. Something tells me we have history together.

" good morning sunshine! How are you keeping up with all that? Ask me anything you want Anne."  "Actually yes, I wanted to ask you something."

Annie shows the picture of that mysterious boy from her iPad to Melvin, wanting to know who that might be. Right at that moment Melvin grabs her iPad, " do not go through anything without telling me. This is sensitive issue and I hope you get that."
"I'm sorry, I was just going through my pictures and I came across him. I felt as if I had a connection with him. So I asked you about him." " All you need to know about him is that, he is not important." "What do you mean? Doctor said that each and everything from my past is important to me now and I have a right to know about my old life!" "This conversation is over. Go to your room now!"

Annie runs to her room crying and gasping for air. She can't help but think about that picture, think about him. Everything starts to become blur and she falls to the ground unconsciously.