Our Fear

"Maybe with time you'll see that
I can give you all the things you've missed
Oh no no"
-

A few years before they got separated, the trio were investigating a case of witches in a town when Sam decided to ask Willow out for a date. While walking through the town hand in hand, Willow's eyes fell upon the local theatre.

"Movie?" She suggested.

"Yes, please!" He agreed, not having watched a movie in the theatre since Stanford.

Willow stood in front of the posters of the movies that were being shown and chose a horror movie while Sam chose an action movie right at the same time. "Here-" They spoke at the same time and then realized that they had chosen different movies.

So, they decided to choose a movie that they would never watch because then, it would be easier to choose without an argument building up. "This one." They said together and pointed to the horror movie featuring clowns.

"You're afraid of clowns?" He asked, surprised to find that out.

"Been terrified of them ever since I was five. But I've never met another person who is afraid of clowns. Or Ronald McDonald, for that matter." She smirked.

"Finally someone!" He exclaimed, relieved that he wasn't alone.

"You're scared of clowns too?" She asked, her voice reaching its toppest pitch.

"And Ronald McDonald!"

"Oh, finally!" Willow hugged Sam and then immediately let him go, not wanting things to get awkward. Before Sam could say anything about the hug, she spoke, "Let's watch the clown movie."

"What?" He turned serious immediately. "You can't be serious." He had pointed to that movie as a joke.

"I'm deadly serious." She said. "We're both scared of clowns, right? We can get over our fear by letting it overcome us."

"That literally makes no sense!"

"Do you trust me?"

"You? With my life." He said, which surprised Willow. "Clowns? No." He completed his sentence having not wanted to give room for an awkward silence to enter.

"If you trust me with your life, trust me with your fear as well." She said as she put her arm around Sam's shoulder.

"Our fear." He corrected her, happy to see her happy.

"Our fear."

After the movie was over, the couple couldn't stop laughing. They went inside the motel room, almost falling down by laughing. "I see that you have had a productive day." Dean said, with a book on top of his head. He should not have been researching.

"We had the best time!" Sam said, holding onto Willow so that neither of them fall.

"Well, I hope you two Wham can get back to the hunt."

"What did you call us?" Willow asked.

"'Wham?'" Sam asked, more confused than Willow herself.

"Wham. That's your name." Dean explained. "Willow and Sam joint together." He explained. "You even have a song in your name." He said and switched on the tape of the recorder.

Wham Bang Shang-a-Lang by Silver started to play which only increased the couple's laughter.