Chapter 13

Aubrey POV

The next day Sandy came into my room. "Spill it girl" she said. I told her everything that happened last night. "I knew it!" She said.

"What about Bianca? I saw him in his office with her after we kissed" I said.

"I still haven't figured that part out yet" she said. "All I know is that I always knew he had the hots for you" she said.

"I don't know what to do with that tho. You know me and how I am. Plus there's something else that I'm missing here." I said.

"I know I have that same feeling." She said.

We spent the rest of the week sightseeing. I told Sandy no more night bars. She was ok with it but she wanted to day drink.

Sandy met Alessandro the day after the bar incident. She kept on going on how gorgeous he was.

I still doubted what he told me. He couldn't like me. He just couldn't.

Sandy unfortunately had to leave. I was at the airport crying. She was also balling her eyes out.

We promised to keep in touch like we always did and then she was off.

I went back "home". I walked inside and saw Matteo. He's been gone a while. He didn't even get to meet Sandy.

Apparently he was away on buissness. "Doc!" He said and hugged me. He lifted me and spun me around.

"Hey Matteo. How was your trip?" I asked him.

"Boring as always. I missed you doc!" He said smiling at me.

"I just dropped off my best friend at the airport. You two would of liked each other." I said.

"Is she hot like you?" Matteo always knew hot to make me blush.

"She's a lot prettier than me but she married" I said.

"I doubt she's prettier than you" he said. I blushed again.

"Am I interrupted anything" Alessandro said.

"No bro. I'm just catching up with the doc here." He said. Alessandro ignored him.

"Aubrey, I'm heading to the clinic. Would you like to join me?" He asked.

"Of course" I said. "Let me just grab my white coat." I said.

I quickly ran to my room and came back to the entrance. Alessandro guided me to his car.

When Sandy was here I didn't go out with the mobile clinic unit. I did pick out a few doctors to start working in the unit but I still wanted to go out myself.

I couldn't make it today but I would go as of tomorrow. The construction on the clinic was going well. They were almost finished.

We worked on a few details today. "Well let's call it a day. It's 5 pm. How about we have an early dinner" he said.

"That sounds nice." I said. He drove me to a restaurant by the sea. It was about a 45 min drive. "Wow this is beautiful" I said.

The restaurant had a view of the ocean. It always reminded me of my dad. Alessandro and I got a table. We were literally sitting right next to the sea.

We saw people swimming on the beach. It was just a breath taking view.

Alessandro and I ordered then a man with body guards came up to him. "Moretti, nice time see you. Who's your little friend here."

"Donatello, she's an employee helping me with the clinic I'm opening up" he said. So that's all I am to him. Of course. Why would I be anything else.

"Oh yes the clinic. I heard about your project. It's going to help a lot of people. Speaking of which we have a problem with the Esposito clan" Alessandro cut him off.

"I can't talk about business right now" he said.

"It's urgent Moretti" he said.

"I'll be back" Alessandro said looking at me. I nodded.

I decided to see the people below playing on the beach. Then I heard a lady call "aiuto" a bunch of times and she was panicking.

I saw someone pull a child out of the water. I could tell he wasn't breathing. I ran downstairs to the beach as fast as I could.

There was a crowd over him "aiuto!" The mother yelled. "Let me thru!" I pushed passed the people. I went next to the lady. "I'm a doctor" I said.

The lady seemed to understand me. I saw that the boy was blue. He didn't have a pulse and wasn't breathing. I need to start CPR. "Call an ambulance!" I yelled. I started doing CPR on the boy. I went thru 3 sets and he still wasn't breathing. "Come on buddy!" I said. On my fourth set I felt a pulse and the boy chocked out water. He had a pulse and was breathing.

The boy started coughing like crazy. The crowd cheered around me. "Grazie" the mother said and hugged me. I hugged her back.

I got up and started to walk away. "You sure do know how to entertain a crowd" I heard a voice say. I turned to see Alessandro.

"Are you done with your meeting?" I asked him.

"Well there was a commotion over a boy who was drowning and then a miracle doctor came and saved him." He said smiling at me. "It's just like the day I met you.

"I don't really like to draw attention to myself, but if it means saving a life, so be it." I said. He smiled at me. He literally wouldn't take his eyes off me. "We should go pay for the food." I said.

"It's on the house apparently. The miracle doctor just got us a free meal" Alessandro said. He looked at me with admiration. I didn't know how to look at him or react for that matter.

"Um we should go. It's been a long day." I said.

"Ok let's go home." He said.

He grabbed my hand and we walked to his car.

Once we got home I went inside and took a long shower. I was all sweaty from today. I put on a robe and walked to the kitchen. My neck was killing me and I needed some water. I slipped the pill in my mouth before I left my room.

In the kitchen I saw Alessandro. He had also just taken a shower and he was wearing nothing but sweat pants.

"Oh hi." I said awkwardly. I had the damn pill in my mouth and my voice sounded weird. I saw his perfectly toned chest. Oh my lord. How can a man look so perfect? I came back to reality. "I came for some water." I said.

"Why are you thirsty?" He said. I chocked on my water.

"I just needed it for a pill" I said.

"Why are you feeling ill?" He asked walking closer to me.

"No im fine. My neck hurt a little bit and I just wanted to ease the pain" I said.

"Let me give you a massage" he said.

"Oh no, I'm fine. This pill will kick in any minute now and I'll feel better."

"Please I insist" he said.

"No I'll be fine" I said.

"Aubrey I'm not taking no for an answer." He said.

"Ok fine" I said.

"I have special lotion in my room, come on" he said. wait he wanted me to come into his bedroom? I've never been in there before.

We walked to his bedroom and he stepped inside. "Come in, I don't bite" he said. I nervously laughed and walked in.