CHAPTER 11

Chaeyoung's P.O.V:

I turned pale at the mention of his name. Everything starts spinning.

"Ch-Chae...?" asks Jin worriedly.

Breathe, Chaeyoung, breathe.

"I-It's okay if you don't want to-"

"He was my boyfriend," I whisper and Jin goes silent. "I am going to tell you everything..... Please don't interrupt me..." I say as tears pool my eyes. Jin just nods his head.

"We were perfect, the both of us. You do know that I grew up in America, right?" Another nod from Jin. "He was Canadian. We loved each other more than anything. We were each other's halves.....basically we were each other's life. That's how much we loved each other." I wipe away a tear.

"We were even gonna get engaged after collage. But until an year ago......he died......" I whisper.

"Everything was perfect that day. Noone would ever have thought something bad would have happened. We were going for a picnic to celebrate our first anniversary. I was driving. Suddenly we had thunder and it started to rain heavily, so we decided to turn back. But there was one thing I never told him.....that I had a fear of thunder storms....." My hands start shaking and Jin grabs them. I squeeze his hands.

"Everything was going okay until we heard a very loud clap of thunder and I lost control of the steering wheel. We were gonna crash into the trees. I was screaming. James opened the door and pushed me out right before the car went crashing into the trees...."

Jin gasps and now I am crying even more. He puts his arm around me.

"After that....the rescue teams came and he was taken to the hospital.......He was under surgery for 5 days. During those five days, I refused to eat, drink or sleep. I would just.....sit on a chair and stare at the wall the whole time....," I sob.

"Then after five days after his surgery was completed, the doctor told me that I could go and see him. He was looking the same. I was so happy that he survived but you know what they say.....never celebrate too early...."

"As soon as I went into his room I broke into tears. He grabbed my face and said things I never wanted to hear from him."

"Chaeyoung.....listen to me.....I don't have much time....." said James.

"W-what are you t-talking about?" I asked him in between sobs.

"Shhh," he put a finger on my lips. "Promise me something."

"Anything," I whispered to him.

"Promise me.....promise me that you won't EVER blame yourself. Promise me that you will move on. Promise me you'll find someone else. Someone better. Promise me...." He said.

"J-james....What are you saying?!" I exclaim.

"Please.....If you truly love me.....then promise me.....PLEASE....." He moaned.

"I-I promise," I blurted out in shock.

He smiled as his hands fell to his sides. "Thank you......now I can sleep peacefully.....don't blame yourself for this.....or I won't be in peace.....and move on.... please.....don't live your life with regrets.....I'm sorry that I won't be able to spend my life with you.....but remember.....I love you....." He said and then.....

Silence.

The machine stopped beeping as his heart stopped beating aswell.

And I wished I could have stopped aswell.

Everything was blank. I fell to the ground, crying and screaming my head off.

"That's how it all happened...." I whisper through my tears and Jin hugs me tighter.

"My dad never approved of us together because James was Canadian....." I sniff. "But my mom always supported me and not long after that, she was gone too....."

*.......................*

Me and mom were walking down the street. We had gone to visit James so I was very tearful. Mum had her arm around me. I was trying my best not to cry.

I had gotten better in the past few weeks. When James had passed away, I had stayed in my room 24/7. I didn't eat drink or sleep. I just stared at our pictures.

Mom was the one who helped me move on. Even though it took some time.

As long as I have mom with me, everything will be better.

But that thought vanished after a few seconds.

Even just a few seconds can change your life.

Everything happened so fast.....

Someone disguised in black appeared infront of us. It looked like a girl from her figure. I only saw a glimpse of her face.

I realised I was paying too much attention to her face and features that I didn't realise as she thrusted her knife infront of me. I waited for the pain to come. But it never did.

Instead, there was a groan. I open my eyes and.....

Mom.....

She.....

Sacrificed herself.....

She took that knife.....

*.......................*

The tears can't stop flowing as I pour my heart out to Jin. I don't even know why I told him, but does it even matter now?

Jin tightens his arm around me. "I...I don't know what to say...." He whispers.

I sniff, "Don't say anything, then."

"I...I am so sorry.....I never knew.....never thought....."

I shake my head. "It's fine....."

We stay like that for a long time. His arms around me were strong and warm.

And after pouring this all out to him....I feel...... as if a burden has gotten off my shoulders.

I slowly and unwillingly pull away from him. "I noticed you and Sojin were acting a bit weird today...."

He scratches the back of his neck. Well, uhm...." He begins explaining.

"Oh god.....I....I'm so sorry....." I mumble and cover my face with my hands but Jin pulls my hands away.

"It's okay, Chae. It's not your fault. She has been acting a bit....distance towards me, I guess? It's been a while now....." He sighs.

"Oh," is all I say.

Jin hums and I carefully rest my head on his shoulder. He flinches a bit but then he relaxes and after a while, I fall asleep.

*.......................*