07 | don't cry

My head was pounding like someone got a hammer and hit my head repeatedly with it. The sun was shining through the windows and I groaned and sat up.

I was in a room that wasn't mine and my dress was missing. Slowly the events of last night came flooding back onto my mind.

The party, the fight with my mom, Asher.

I looked around the room and Asher was nowhere to be found. I saw my phone on the bedside table charging.

I plugged it off the charger, checking the time. It was only after seven in the morning. I had two missed calls from Calla and one from an unknown number.

Walking down the stairs. Instead of finding Asher, I saw Theo on the couch switching the channels on the television.

"Hey, " I greeted. Theos eyes got to mine and he grinned waving back. "Do you live here?" I ask. I sat on the couch beside him he was about to answer but Asher beat him to it." No. He just comes and goes when he feels like eating all my food."

I smiled as Asher hit him upside the head. The sound of my ringtone filled the room and I answered the phone before or was sent to voicemail.

"Hello?" I greeted. "Is this Leah Grey?" The lady on the other side of the line asked. The two boys looked at me as I replied, "Yes this is her. Who's asking?" The line was silent for a moment before the lady sighed and said, "Huntington Hospital, I'm sorry for you to hear this but we found your mother with a gunshot wound to the head. She's dead. We need you to come and identify the body." The lady says. Her voiced cracked at the end and my heart fell.

My eyes widened in shock at the news. I was silent as I tried not to break down.

"Hello? Miss?"

I ignored the lady on the other line.

I wish you were the one that died that night!

"Leah?" I heard Asher and Theo call to me. I looked at them, my eyes filled with unshed tears.

"I need you to take me to the hospital."

•°•°•

The hospital was noisy as I made my way past the receptionist. Nurses were calling the doctors over the intercom to attend to their surgeries.

I saw Calla seated with a doctor. I made my way over to them, a hundred different possibilities running through my mind.

Calla saw me and got out of her chair. I hugged her. She was crying nonstop.

The doctor walked up to us with a grim look on her face. "I'm Dr. Clarke. Come and take a seat."

"How did this happened?" Dr. Clarke sighed. She was tired I could see it on her eyes. She put down her clipboard on the seat beside her and spoke. "I was on Dr. Grey's service today. When I went to look for her. I found her in the attending's lounge, a g-gun in her hand her body slouched against the wall." She wanted to cry but she remains professional.

"CSI says that it could either be murder or suicide."

I tensed at the word suicide.

She could've killed herself because of me.

Dr. Clarke led us into a room, where the blinds were closed. "Go ahead." I took a deep breath and walked over to the body covered by the thin blue sheet.

"Dr. Grey was an incredible surgeon." Dr. Clarke says before she left us alone for privacy. I removed the sheet from her head and I gasped. Calla wasn't crying though she just looked at the body.

A bullet was planted straight into her forehead. I closed my eyes and started to sob. The things I said to her last night replaying.

"No! Don't you dare cry," Calla shouted. My eyes shot opened and anger was written all over her face.

"Isn't this what you wanted? Her dead. I'm sure that's what you said last night."

"Just cause I said it doesn't mean that I meant it," I whispered. Calla scoffed and walked out of the room. I squeeze my mother's cold hand and trying not to cry. "I'm sorry."

•°•°•

I squeezed the stress ball as I started at the ceiling, Coleen was quiet as she watched me sprawled out on the floor.

Asher had dropped me him after the news and I just headed straight to Coleen. So far he didn't say anything, he just dropped me off at her office and rode off.

I don't know what to feel. I don't feel sad, angry, pain. I just felt normal. I didn't cry, the tears just won't show up.

My mother died because of me. I wished she died and it came true and I don't feel anything. Not even regret.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Coleen asked, getting up from her chair and walking around the room. The click of her heels on the floor made me distracted from my thoughts.

"Kinda."

"How do you feel?" She asks. She takes off her heels and sat on the floor beside me. "I don't feel anything. I feel normal." I stated. "That's normal," Coleen says.

"So where are you here? You're obviously feeling something, but you're not acknowledging it. It's okay to let out your emotions."

I shrugged, "Maybe I want some company. Calla won't answer my calls and... Never mind." I shit my mouth before I said anything about Asher. If I did she won't stop pressing me about information.

"And?" She looked at me with a raised brow. "Nothing."

"That was 'nothing'' she says. "Okay, there's this boy named Asher. I met him on the first day of school." I explained, sitting up resting on my elbows.

"He said that I was his puppet and that I must do whatever he tells me to do." I left out the part where he threatened me. Coleen would take it upon her self to report it to the police or something.

"Really? Tell me more about this Asher."

__________________________