Dry cleaning is hard

It was Christmas and I just turned thirteen and April twelve.

I honestly didn't know why we Werewolves practiced human traditions but whatever.

I only cared for the most important thing about Christmas.

Free stuff!

Bless the humans that thought about that.

Today I was going big! I just saved enough to get my parents a special gift.

It was an expensive painting of my parents on their wedding.

Don't ask me how I got that.

I held it in my arms in excitement. I couldn't wait to see my mom's face when she sees this.

I must say, this estate sure was huge. How wouldn't it when it belonged to the Alpha of Darkmist Pack.

Alpha Daniel was hosting this year's Christmas party so every Werewolf of high status was here, even Alphas from other Packs.

Suddenly I saw a boy, blonde hair blue eyes hiding behind a huge vase.

Stupid.

I snuck up behind him. "Boo!"

He shrieked, turning around immediately. His eyes studied me for a while. "You?"

"Yes me, still a loner. Huh?"

"What are you doing here?" he questioned.

"No, What are you doing here, Jake."

There was a quick silence.

We then broke out in laughter and hugged each other. I didn't know he would come.

Since we met that day in the rain, we had become best of friends. Somehow he always found a way to sneak into my room.

"Why are you hiding?"

He shrugged, "I'm not supposed to be here. Don't tell anyone."

I zipped my lips. "Not a single soul. When will you stop this habit of sneaking into people's houses?"

"I didn't sneak in."

"Then how..."

I saw my mom coming towards my direction and I instinctively moved in front of Jake to shield him from my mom.

"July, it's time for the unboxing. Come."

"I'll be right there."

She looked at me with suspicion in her eyes just before leaving.

I turned around to meet Jake, who was hiding being the vase again.

Strangely I caught him staring. "What are you looking at?"

"You."

"Why?"

His lips arced into a confident smirk, "because you're the most beautiful person I have ever seen. You get prettier by the day. Someday I'll make you my wife." his eyes seemed to become brighter as the words escaped his lips.

I froze as my cheeks became heated. "oh... Okay."

For the first time in my life, I didn't know what to say.

-----

It was only my first day and I was only one step away from a concussion.

Sweat beaded on my forehead as I crawled through the narrow vent.

"Turn left. After that take two right turns." Fellice ordered through the collar.

I held my breath wiggling my way.

"I told you to be silent. The prisoner might awaken at any moment. If that happens, then it's goodbye forever."

That's what she said the last hundred and two time.

Yet here I was. Not dead.

I had been bruised, mentally scarred, and nearly killed by prisoners. All because I wanted to dry clean their clothes.

The itching pain in my knee was immeasurable. My right knee was probably broken.

I couldn't believe I was risking my life to get clothes for laundry.

For. Laundry!

Apparently the only way to get into a prisoner's cell was through tiny underground tunnels.

That I had to crawl into.

It was practically a maze. If it wasn't for Fellice' direction I would have gotten lost a couple of times now.

Not only did I have to clean clothes for prisoners. I had to steal the clothes from the damn prisoners first.

What the fuck!

Who cared that much about criminals that they get their own personal dry cleaner.

By dry cleaner I mean ME!

I Finally reached the end of the tunnel. There was a small door before me.

I had only ten minutes left.

Luckily after this last steal. I would be done for the day.

The last rogue. Prisoner 103.

I took out a key from my pocket and quietly unlocked the door.

I hoped whoever in there was fast asleep.

Prisoners were gassed to sleep during this period of time. But some manage to fight through the sedatives.

The powerful ones.

Only rogues of great strength could overcome sedatives of that dose.

I just hope prisoner 103 wasn't as powerful as the last four that almost murdered me.

I crossed my fingers as I crawled out. Looking around I found the place to be empty.

Good.

I stretched my arms above my head. Crawling in a small space for over two hours was very tiring.

Especially when you're scared straight.

I dusted my uniform. I couldn't afford to look like an dusty grandma.

I had pride.

"H-hello there, are you the new Prison Maid?" A deep raspy voice whispered, there was an intoxicating accent to it.

Another rogue overcame the sedative.

Fuck!