1 Part

Stress alien here. Clean streets, benches, presentable buildings, high flying kites, quality victual and most of all occupants who can smile.

All incubated under the dome.

Situated in a bio dome hectares across, all the stress zapping amenities brains can engineer and policy hearts can implement. An old man sits cross legged on a park bench today, his life long and not short on memories.

The bio dome's a Closed Ecological System, terminology is the only exchange with the outside is sunlight entering past the see through material. Rain, wind, dust, any particles stays out.

The real trick is the air. A special air that when breathed helps with ailments like pulmonary ones, pneumonia for instance. Incredibly noted an effect on reversing the aging process in the cards. The gas' green tint everywhere the eye can see, arguably thin enough individuals can make out surroundings, the altered colour is no hindrance. The bio dome has welfare to its operations. Applicable are such services as assisted living, adult day care, long term care. The aforementioned left out those for all others. Quality in no short supply. Put together the no stress environment, services and air lend themselves to expanding lifespans.

His time here ends today. The medical air was developed by one corporate firm and the dome run by another, latter a large, private healthcare provider. The provider's for profit motive is driven by a literal tax to breathe air. The old man's funds are short.

Higher up national leaders and separately citizens did work up a system where the state covers seventy percent and depending on other factors more, bankruptcy as a bonus a non-issue. Well-meaning health firm lobbyists spoke sweetest to lawmakers.

The firm asks tax despite public ones paying development for a life enhancing gas.

His family is due by in hours. The day will not run its course before they escort him, aided by corporate employees outside. They'll professionally and kindly see that all belongings packed and transported.

Outside life is not horrid. Ordinary really, but the air is regular. No need harping what it means for lifespan. Air a privilege formerly yours.

Author's note – I've seen locally how elderly are treated in care centers and how it goes abroad. The story's tone light under the cruelty. Firm employees do not behave in an openly hostile manner while condemning the man. Foreign has much to teach us locals. I advocate plenty on social media for adopting their health systems. The seventy percent is Japan's.

Moreover I called for money, the accursed paywall must never get between you and your doctor, hurts seeing it in my life and experiencing personally. Story sparked by a sentence about a large US game video game company as the YouTuber quipped - a tax to breath air.

Originally named For the love of air happily as notes were already made one day I heard John Pilger on a YouTube interview, journalist extraordinaire spoke the final title. Rare, honest breed.

Date - Friday, 18 September 2020.