Chapter 1

🤍School Life🤍

February 14, 2019
7:25am

The alarm of Y/n's phone sounded through her small device. It's the day she's been dreading for, Valentines Day. Everyone at school basically had a date but Y/n. She had multiple love notes from secret admirers. None to which she wanted.

"Y/n, you're going to be late!" Her mother called from down the stairs, the door opened revealing her father, a man fit enough to look like he just got out of college. "Take your time, she's just a little stressed due to work." He gave a light smile before leaving.

"It's always about work with them." I sighed finally deciding to get ready. My outfit of the day was already planned the night before along with my makeup look, so the morning was quick and easy.
"7:55am, right on time." I mumbled looking at my phone screen, multiple messages appeared one after the other, all from teens in my school but mainly from Hwang Hyunjin. Someone I was close with and my ex's best friend.

'Good morning!'
'Happy Valentines Day!'
'Did you do the homework?'
'I did if you need it.'
'Answer me!'
'I have something to tell you later...'

"We can't drive you to school today. An urgent meeting was scheduled so we have to leave now to make it." Her mother said without looking up from her phone, "I asked Mr. Park to take you don't worry." Her father hugged her placing a small kiss on her head. Y/n nodded waving her parents goodbye as she met up with the driver.
"Good morning Ms. Byun" He smiles opening the door, "Morning, I hope this isn't any trouble." She apologizes stepping in, "Not at all." His smile remained seeming genuine as he closed the door going to the drivers seat. "We'll be at your school shortly."

8:15am

I arrived in front of my school, it wasn't anything special, just an ordinary building. "Thank you Mr. Park" I said opening the door, "Anytime Ms. Byun" He nodded in the rear view mirror.
No one was at school yet so the atmosphere was peaceful or so I thought. "Hey Y/n!" A cheerful boy yelled running up to me, Yang Jeongin. He was a year younger than me, we met threw a few mutual friends and had some classes together.

"Jeongin," I hugged him, "The others aren't here yet?" He shook his head smiling, "No, you know how they are. All of them come at different times." "Lets go sit at our spot." I hooked his arm with mine, "Oh Happy Valentines Day!" His smile grew, if it were possible. "I know since Ji—" "Don't bring up his name right now." I cut the younger boy off.

Y/n stared at her sneakers, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Han Jisung, her former boyfriend of 2 years broke things off with her a week before their anniversary, Valentines Day.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to mention him recklessly." He said looking off in the distance, "Hm. They all came together today." I looked up seeing the others had in fact came at the same time. They were laughing and pushing each other, basically causing attention to their group.
"Why didn't you answer my messages?" Hyunjin sat next to me swinging an arm on my waist. I shrugged, "To be honest I forgot." He took my phone and immediately his jaw dropped. "No wonder! Look at all these text messages, why are they just now asking you?" His thumb scrolled threw the sea of endless texts.

"They've been asking since the year began. I just didn't reply to them." I looked over his shoulder, "Oh. You're dad just said they had to go on a business trip for a few weeks." He said placing my phone down, "We can accompany you at your house if you'd like? Or at least I can." "How would you guys even manage to stay that long?" They looked to each other nodding as if telepathic, "Our parents wouldn't mind staying with a friend for a few days." Seungmin nods giving a thumbs up, "See." He says showing me his messages between his mother. "What about the rest of you?"