Chapter 3

🤍The Tortoise And The Hare🤍

February 15, 2019
7:45am

"Y/n wake up, we have to head to school." Felix lightly shook the girl out of her sleeping state. "Sorry, Minho told me to get you." He apologized scratching the back of his head, "It's fine Lix." She groggily sat up flashing him a reassuring smile, "I'll be done in 15." Felix nods leaving the room so she could get ready.
"Damnit my body aches." She says finally getting up from her resting place slowly traveling towards her closet. "Probably wouldn't if you didn't drink so much." Jisung shakes his head as he sat on Y/n's bed already dressed for school.

"That's not the reason and you know why. But why are you in here?" She asked picking out her clothes and turning to face me. "I was just checking up on you." I played with the lint on my jacket, "I'm fine, thanks." She softly speaks going to change her clothes. Should I ask or am I over thinking this? Felix and Seungmin are right, we're not dating anymore. I should just let it go. But what we did last night in her bathroom...

8:15am

We arrived at school being dropped off by Chan and Minho, Changbin was opening the store. "See you later, come by the shop after school." Chan smiles driving off with a small wave followed by Minho.
"Well we have 13 minutes until we can go inside. What should we do?" Jeongin asks aloud to no one in particular as we walked to our usual spot. "I assume nobody did their homework so why not do it now?" Hyunjin suggests placing his bag down. "I did mine in class yesterday, here." Y/n lights a cigarette handing over her paper to Hyunjin.

"Smoking already?" Jisung frowns watching his ex girlfriend take a long drag from the stick, "Do you want one?" She asks offering him the box, which he kindly denied. "Not now." "I'll take one." Hyunjin holds his hand out for the stick, placing it between his lips as she lit it.
Y/n sat beside Hyunjin explaining what she wrote of the paper making sure he understood everything on it.

I already knew what to do on the worksheet, I just wanted to hear her voice. It may seem wrong but I like her, even before she began dating Jisung. He even knew that but beat me to asking her out.

"Jinnie are you even listening to me?" Her hand waved in front of my face snapping me out of my thoughts, "What?" I shook my head hearing her sigh, "You lost me." I laugh packing my things. " I'll just finish in class, no worries."

8:40am

We all went to our lockers grabbing and putting books away. As usual papers fell out of mine as soon as it opened, "More admirers." Jeongin smiles helping me pick up the small pieces of paper. "More than likely." I closed my locker twisting the knob.

——————————————————————
12:20pm

Lunch was halfway over and the chatter of students talking about the party last night was the main topic at everyone's table, excluding ours. "I'll leave first, I'm gonna take a break." I said taking my bag quickly leaving the cafeteria.
The hallways were clear of teachers only a handful of students roamed them. I went through the doors going all the way to the rooftop, my mind became fuzzy filled with what happened last night. I couldn't face him.

The cold February breeze hit my face smoothly as I took a much needed deep breath. My legs subconsciously brought me to the edge of the school building as I overlooked the scenery. I took out my box of cigarettes picking out a stick placing it between my lips and lighting it. "I need to stop smoking."