Stress.

'Dreamtale belongs to Jokyblog, I OWN NOTHING! but his Plot!

So enjoy'
---

Dream was happily walking home, to the Tree of Feelings. He just said goodbye to his friends, denying their requests for him to a sleepover, and walked away. He was happy for a little time to himself.

He saw the tree in his sights and smiled when he could make out a small outline of his brother's form reading something. He really cared for his brother, he just wished he could spend more time with him, but the villagers keep asking him for his help.

Dream was about to turn a corner when he heard someone talking, it wasn't too late, there were still people out, but before he could ask them what they were doing, hiding behind the corner, he heard something.

It was his friend, Markis's dad, talking to another man.

"He got away again, little Freak, he's getting better at hiding, and running away," he said. "Then he won't give him a chance to run away" the other grinned. Then, a cat monster asked "You sure Dream won't notice?" he asked.

The others laughed "Were sure, we've been doing this for so long and he hasn't noticed, now let's make a plan to conner that Demon of the brother of his" they said and walked away.

Dream was frozen.

He couldn't believe what he just heard. Is that why Nightmare is always injured, why he lies? why he is...avoiding him?

Dream shook his head, feeling like he was going to cry. He's been a bad brother and Guardian. He nodded to himself, no more. He wouldn't help the villagers anymore, even if they beg, no more.

He made his way to the Tree and found his brother asleep, but he had a bruise on his skull and wrist.

Dream winced and healed him. He then snuggled up to his brother. "I'm going to protect you from now on" he whispered smiling.

---

When morning came. Nightmare expected his brother to already be in the village helping them. But when he woke, he found Dream sitting next to him making flower crowns.

"Dream?" he sat up. Dream smiled. "Good Morning Nighty!" he smiled. "What are you doing here?" he asked. Dream smiled "I'm hanging with you silly" he stuck his tongue out.

Nightmare was confused "But...don't you want to play with your friends or help the villagers?" he asked. Dream shrugged "I want to play with you, and I realized that it is unfair for you to guard the tree alone," Dream said.

He was now shocked, Did Dream get mature over the night or something?

Then Dream plopped the flower crown he made onto Nightmare's skull. He smiled sweetly "For you Nighty" No still childish.

Nightmare straightened the Crown and smiled. "But I didn't make you one," he said looking around. Dream beamed "You can make me one now! I love to watch you when you weave your crowns"

Nightmare smiled, man how long has he smiled genially. So They collected some flowers, twigs, and leaves, everything Nightmare needed.

He started, Dream watching his every move. At how delicate Nightmare handled the process.

Nightmare always was patient out of both of them, but Dream didn't mind, but whenever he watched Nightmare make flower crowns, he would always watch.

It's been a while since they've done this...

They spent the whole morning doing that. Then someone called Dream's name.