Chapter 9

WHAT THE HELL? I looked over to my brothers face; broken is not a word to describe how he looked. He looks completely shattered and his eyes started pooling up with tears. My brother never cries in front of people and the way he was so close to losing his cool made me step forward. No way in hell was I going to let this girl break my brothers heart more then she just did with one word. I took another step and watched in what felt like fast forward. Kyle got up and started backing up but Fatima stopped him, "You didn’t let me finish, I wouldn’t like to marry you kyle-"

"STOP okay I heard you the first time" Kyle’s voice lowered at each word and he pulled his wrist out of her hold.

"KYLE I WOULD LOVE TO MARRY YOU, BUT ONCE WHERE MARRIED YOU BETTER GIVE ME A CHANCE TO FINISH MY SENTENCES, DONT EVER DOUBT ME KYLE, I LOVE YOU AND IT WOULD BE AN HONOUR TO BE YOUR SUPERWOM-" she didn’t get a chance to finish her sentence again because Kyle pulled her in for a kiss, every sister doesn’t want to see their brother doing so but this is an exception. I actually thought she meant no! I can’t help it, "whooooooooooooooooo" I cheered while clapping my hands, everyone behind me joined in, hmm, when did they get there? My gosh that was adorable¡ but ha ha, Kyle cut her sentence off in the middle of her telling him to never do so. Oh life is filled with irony! They will definitely make an interesting couple. *Bleep* I turned around looking for the source, WOW WOW WOW! Adam got the whole thing on video! Well I’m hoping the whole thing.

"Hey bro! Real cute, I’m uploading it on Facebook" Adam taunted at Kyle. Those suckers are never going to give up their teasing attitude to each other. Surprisingly Kyle just shrugged without interest, his attention was solely on Fatima. Young love. I sighed loudly and my mum ushered us into the house, to give them 'privacy'. Indoors, Yumnah and my mum began discussing 9 to the dozen about wedding arrangements. You'd think after organizing two she would be sick of planning them...clearly not.

Kyle proposing stirred the memory of the day I became engaged to the sweetest man alive. In all honesty, Darrien and I's marriage was arranged...Not the whole being forced to get married crap, but rather it was built on a business deal.

When I was at the early age of 19 my father came home one day looking stressed,  I didn't usually involve myself in his work issues but something made me ask on that particular day...

" Dad, what’s wrong? How's work treating you?" he gave me a defeated look before casting them downwards," Daneen, i-i dont even know! I can’t believe this is happening" I took a seat at the kitchen table and so did my dad before finishing his rant, " Daneen, you know how I finally found 'the big yay'?" I nodded in response, “well 'the big yay' has a big problem" he spat bitterly."Dad..tell me, maybe I can help?" he gave me a weak smile, "honey I don’t think you can, I’m a lawyer for the wealthiest family here in New Jersey- No the whole of America!, that was my big yay, they own many work firms all around Asia and the USA, selling all kinds of medication, and all insurance companies-" he sighed loudly and banged his fist on the table "they are refusing to aid for them!"

"But why dad?" I spoke softly, curling a strand of hair with my finger.

“They are refusing because they want a heir to the Dorothy Pharmacy's! They do have a son, but he chose a different career and is still studying, that bloody brain box! In Harvard Daneen! Harvard!"

I didn’t think it was a big deal, after all, my dad did say they were rich bums, it is expected, their son would go to a tip-top University.

“But that’s not the problem, you see, they don’t care what he does for a living, they just want a legal heir...a heir with a spouse..." he sounded so defeated, I went over and hugged him.

"Daneen, let’s go home, I’ve got an early shift tomorrow" Darrien brought me back to the present by interrupting my train of thoughts with a poke on my cheek. I smiled up at him in silent agreement