Talk to me.

Summary:

Although they had made a deal, Bucky still thinks he should protect her, and this time from himself.

The party was in full swing when they got there. Admittedly, it took a long time for Bucky to get ready because he did not want to be there. He'd rather be home watching movies with Lilly than being surrounded by people he didn't know. If he could ask for one thing, it would be for peace and quiet.

It didn't matter though; Tony and Steve had arranged the party so The Avengers could meet with some important people from the government. Making it clear they weren't going anywhere.

Shaking the thoughts away, he looked around, searching for the only thing that could bring some peace to his mind. There she was, as beautiful as ever. Instead of a dress, she had opted for a white skirt and blouse with teasing red lipstick. Her loose hair inviting him to caress its strands. She talked with everyone with a contagious bright smile on her face, making him desperate to kiss those lips and show the guests she was with him.

A low murmur caught his attention, and he begrudgingly took his eyes off her and stared at the owner of the rude words. Two people had recognized him and were arguing if he should be there or in jail.

Squinting his eyes at the people, he decided not to engage with them and walked away, looking for a quiet place where he could try to enjoy the night.

Heading to the balcony, he leaned on the handrail and appreciated the cool night air. His fingers ran over his hair and once again tried to adjust the tie. Why the hell did he have to wear it? He closed his eyes before he gave in and ripped the thing off.

A chuckle got his attention, and he turned around to see her watching him. A grin playing on her lips.

"Come here". She beckoned him resting her glass on the table.

"I hate it." He flicked the tie. "Can we go home now?" he pleaded, looking into her eyes. "I haven't seen you since we arrived." She noticed the sadness in his voice.

Tilting her head, she reached for him and caressed his face. Her fingers on his skin a memory of how much he needed her.

"Just a few more hours." Her hands adjusted his tie and stopped on his chest. Her fingers running up and down the fabric. "Then we can go home, take these clothes off and do whatever you want." She winked at him with a small curve on her lips.

"How about a few more minutes here, and then we go home, settle down, watch a movie, and then..." His hands found her waist and brought her close to him. His lips on her jaw. "Then I will show you why we shouldn't have come at all." He kissed her, a low growl escaping him.

She leaned on him, letting him take the lead on the kiss and just enjoying the intimate stolen moment. Her arms encircling his neck, bringing him close and deepening the kiss. When he parted from her and rested his forehead on hers, he heard a longing sigh coming from her.