|ONE|

"And this is that bullshit I wish he would try to bench you

"And this is that bullshit I wish he would try to bench you. Fuck him!" My dad curses slamming his hand on the table. It was always funny watching my father get mad. Nobody ever expected me to have a white dad and a black mom. Well technically I have Jamaican in my blood also since my grandparents are. But most people assume I'm Mexican. I hear on a daily how I look more Mexican than mixed. And the fact that I have a Spanish accent and a Harlem accent doesn't help.

I was born in the NorthEastern United States but after I was born there I got moved to Mexico to go to school there until eighth grade. My mom told me she wanted me to have a highschool experience in Harlem like they did. But soon as highschool hit they forced me into a private school. Wasn't hard were in fact one of the richest families in the world. Everybody and I mean everybody knows who my mom and dad are. But that part of my life has always been kept away from me. For all of my seventeen years alive all I know is that we have a family corporation that will one day be passed down to my sister L.J and me. I don't know what they do, how we make so much money, who we work with or how it's even been started.

My dad just tells me as long as I'm being taken care of it shouldn't matter where it comes from. And I understand but it doesn't stop my mind from being curious. My parents even made it to where their past or history can't be discussed. Literally nobody at my whole can mention my parents or what they do. My freshmen year everybody gravitated towards me. All I would hear is "That's Naomi Jacobson's son" or "Thats Issac's son" I made all types of friends just by that. Everybody wants to be around me, maybe their all just using me for my money. Guys want to be my friend and girls want to be with me or sleep with me. But my mind is so far gone from girls all they are is a distraction.

"Com'on pops it ain't that big of a deal," I tell him running my hand down my face. "It was just a threat that's all." I shrug. My coach heard that someone in the West Vill threw a party and a lot of my teammates were there smoking and drinking and we have a game this Saturday. He threatened to bench all are best players. And I'm one of them.

"Shut the fuck up Zy it is a big deal." He curses at me. For some reason my pops never plays when it comes to school. He hardly tells me much about his past but he did tell me that he spent some of his younger years in prison and he wishes he would've had a brighter future. But clearly his future is real bright considering none of us have to work for a living.

"Calm down baby." My mom whispers. She walks up on him wrapping her arms around his neck. His sucker self softens and pouts knowing she has him under her trap.

From what I know my pops and moms been together since their senior year of highschool. They were basically high school sweethearts with a lot of on again off again. During the off moments my sister was born. They not only kept things from me but also from Lord too. Not telling her anything about her mom except that she died in some car crash when L.J was four. Lord is content with that but I've always felt like maybe something about the story doesn't add up. It's kind of suspicious how much we can't know.